Publishing pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing pages

I think I figured out what I did and before I try to fix it, I want to find out how I should fix it. I was trying to put up a new home page and I was told to use "save as" index to get the new home page up. It worked but the buttons were messed up so I went back to all my menu buttons and tried to correct the problem by changing the http//:www.pupplove.net/Ladies.html to http//:www.pupplove.net/ladies and saving it as ladies instead of saving it as Ladies which is what I had originally. So it seems I have Ladies and ladies pages...i think. Can someone help me fix this please. The pages showing on the site are http//:www.pupplove.net/ladies.html which was not the original page I published.

Thanks,
    Cyndy

pupplove@msn.com

Re: Publishing pages

Use the ftp open /public_html/ look for the html file you wish to delete problem fixed. :P
    Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

Where do I find the ftp open/public_html?

Thank you.
      Cyndy

pupplove@msn.com

Comment

Hi Cyndy,

Just read your post, if you haven't found ftp, click tools, ftp manager. In ftp mng. click connect. You'll need username and password from your sign-up, public_html will open on right side of screen.

Comment

how do i get my other pages to publish individually,so i can start working on them, how do i add contents to my other pages

Comment

Hi Jaysha,

Well, you've got to work on them first, by adding content, then they will be ready to publish. Your wording makes you seem a bit confused, though it sounds as though you have finished one page? The others are done the same way as the first, then you link them together. Linking tutorials are very clear on procedure, it's pretty simple once you play around with it a bit!

Comment

Thanks to ALL who helped me with their excellent advice. My web site is up and running and all the buttons are correct and working. I was able to delete all the extra pages I had created and get back to normal.

Cyndy

pupplove@msn.com

Comment

Dear Cyndy,

Your site looks good, one question though; Where are the dogs? All I saw were some cutsie lap warmers!

Just kidding, I'm partial to bigger breeds. You might look up some posts on image optimization. Site is a bit slow to load, I believe it is the pictures of all those adorable rats! Keep on improving!

Comment

Hi, not sure how to get help. I have two websites from the same account. In February this year I was told that the server was changed and I was given new usernames and passwords. I was able at that time to still do publishing and changes. I've been really busy and only now, in October, have i been able to get back to the two sites. My sites are www.caspicreations.com and www.niwih.com.
                  I have tried today to publish using the same information I last used but have not been successful. I no longer have any idea of how to get into the FTP panel or how to publish.
                  I'd appreciate any advice.

Comment

hi,cyndy
                    can ya tell me how to link pages together please

Comment

Originally posted by bingomaster View Post
                      hi,cyndy
                      can ya tell me how to link pages together please
                      link
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com
                      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by NIWIH View Post
                        Hi, not sure how to get help. I have two websites from the same account. In February this year I was told that the server was changed and I was given new usernames and passwords. I was able at that time to still do publishing and changes. I've been really busy and only now, in October, have i been able to get back to the two sites. My sites are www.caspicreations.com and www.niwih.com.
                        I have tried today to publish using the same information I last used but have not been successful. I no longer have any idea of how to get into the FTP panel or how to publish.
                        I'd appreciate any advice.
                        BV periodically changes your passwords for security reasons. Submit a support ticket and ask for your passwords..
                        Liz
                        www.sebastopolparty.com
                        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
                        X