Questions about background music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about background music

After putting a background music using pages properties I noticed that it says on sound slot: C:\documents and settings\......(music file)
    After publishing, when opening ftp manager to check, I see that the music file has been uploaded into the server. So I correct the hyperlink (on pages properties) of sound to: http://domaine_name.com/(musicfile).wma (which is the ext.of my music file). The background music plays fine and i do have the feeling that its even faster to download.
    Question 1: Does it make any difference by leaving the hyperlink on C:\..... or correcting it to http://domaine_name.com/(musicfile).ext will help the downloading for viewers?
    Question 2: It appears to me that music files with .wma works fine for background music while .ra doesn't work at all. Music file with .ra extension do work for text hyperlink though. Am I wrong?
    Thank you for any input.
    Regards,
    Quyhurry

Re: Questions about background music

1. when you publish the page the urls will be automatically set to the correct values.
    2. .ra is not a standard Windows file format (you need to install special drivers for to be able to play these file on your PC), so your browser might not understand the extension. My advise is not to use any non-standard extensions, not all users have RealAudioPlayer installed.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Thanks for the answers Pablo!
      1. So it doesn't change anything whether or not you leave hyperlinks as is or change them to point to the music files in the server because after publishing the urls will be automatically set to the correct values.
      2. Interesting. Sorry to bother you more but what are the best music extensions for websites? There are "zillions" of them like mp3,mp4,wma,ra,waw,mid,ram,aif,au,snd...to name a few.
      Also how about movie? which ones best suit for websites? I am using quicktime.
      Thank you again. You're a real spe******t:)
      Quyhurry

Comment

1. Just select the background sound in BlueVodas Page Properties. And BlueVoda will automatically upload it to your website and change the path to a relative URL. Just like any other object you add to your webpage.

2. mp3 or wav are the most common file types for background music.
        Forum Moderator
        BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Working...
        X