No announcement yet.

How does time effect Website rankings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does time effect Website rankings?

I have just published my site and I was curious reading all the questions int the archives as to why and how time effects your site's rankings and position in a search. I am just trying to get a better understanding of how the system actually works as it seems if it is based on how many hits you have, then that would be determined somewhat by where you came up in a search. Seems like a catch 22 there, can't get visitors if you don't come up in a search very high, and you won't come up in a search very high if you don't get many hits. So what really deternines your rankings with these search engines besides keywords, page titles,and so forth? If one site is brand new and another is a year old and they had the exact same website and keywords hypethetically,, it seems that the older one will come up much higher in google and yahoo searches...but why? Just interested to know how this really works I guess. Thanks.

Re: How does time effect Website rankings?

Why.. well if you compared the EXACT same site.. the why would be duplicate content. Also in this equasion is how long the domain is registered for et. 100's of sites come up today and are gone tomorrow, just as real brick and mortar business do. Site that has been up longer has been spidered considerably deeper, and the webmaster generally has learned a thing or two about SEO and presentabliltiy etc. Just like you .. shoppers on the internet like knowing a site has been around a bit, is reliable and trustworthy.. otherwise they wouldnt still be there. Likewise you are more likely to shop in your hometown with people you know and trust. The longer a site has been up, and the domain registered signifies they are serious and more likely to stay around long enough for the SE to find again.

This isnt the ONLY thing that makes a site rank well. In general its an overall ranking, but this one factor the SE do see and look at, as well as the others. A new site can do well too! Again using white hat GOOD SEO practices will bring u a long way to success.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I guess over time the other site has built relationships in terms on inbound links from other sites. If the links are from higher ranking sites then this gives your site more credability. Time will always be a factor because it takes time to create valuable content that your customers are searching for. But there are many other methods of getting your site out there.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Makes sense to me. It's interesting that links to and from your site actually to add to it's ranking, which I never would have thought would have made a real difference.

Comment

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
          Makes sense to me. It's interesting that links to and from your site actually to add to it's ranking, which I never would have thought would have made a real difference.
          You would do well to do a Forum Search on "relevance" and "reciprocol link" to widen your understanding of website construct and overall performances.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X