Can I clear the ftp public-html file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I clear the ftp public-html file

If I am done with one website and want to start another, can I delete all the info from the ftp public-html file?

Re: Can I clear the ftp public-html file

What do you mean by "If I am done with one website and want to start another".

For organization lets say your one website is named www.abc.com. In your public_html folder you created your index page and all your other pages for that site. Now if you were to delete them- nothing would show on the web.

So..... why do you want to delete the old and start a new? Is it simply that you are looking for an entirely new design on the same site? If that is the case and you simply want to start from scratch- then YES you can delete everything INSIDE the public_html folder --BUT NOT THE PUBLIC_HTML FOLDER ITSELF.

If however you are wanting to make an entirely new site- then you would have to purchase a domain name (either from Voda Host or somewhere else) and create an add-on domian in cpanel. Then simply point the new domain to your Voda Host account and start building.

Andy

Hope I have made it clear?
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: Can I clear the ftp public-html file

Perfectly! Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
      X