PDA

View Full Version : Help!

subi
11-20-2005, 09:41 PM
I have a few problems:

1. BlueFPT won't let me connect.

2. I have an email form on my index page. I have tried to test this to see if emails are getting to my account, but nothing happens. I haven't published the page yet, is this why?

Thanks. xx

subi
11-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I have a few problems:

1. BlueFPT won't let me connect.

2. I have an email form on my index page. I have tried to test this to see if emails are getting to my account, but nothing happens. I haven't published the page yet, is this why?

3. I could not publish, as it timed out!

Thanks. xx

Nyoman
11-20-2005, 11:30 PM
I have a few problems:

3. I could not publish, as it timed out!

Thanks. xx

Sure, first you have to publish your page

subi
11-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Thank you, but it won't let me publish. I've looked at similar threads, and I don't understand the replies, it's like they're talking an alien language, I just don't get this script business! x

Nyoman
11-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Thank you, but it won't let me publish. I've looked at similar threads, and I don't understand the replies, it's like they're talking an alien language, I just don't get this script business! x

Just take it eassy, maybe you're right script language is like alien language.
although I am not a web master, but let me explain to you simple step to make your web up and run by using blueboda:

first of all you have to have a vodahost account
now you can start to build your page using blueboda. if you want to add any script or want to learn script language, there are many website offer free script tutorial, you can visit them by searching internet. athough bluevoda doesn't need much script skill.
once you have the page ready, you can publish any time by click publish button, true many publishing problem is time out. in these case you can adds ConnectionTimeout by doing Regedit in your computer.
Good luck

subi
11-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks. How do I do a regedit? The time out when I'm trying to publish is my current problem. Also, FPT manager won't let me connect, maybe this is because I haven't published? xx

Pablo
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM
The connection timeout can be set using Tools->Options->Publish in the menubar.What error message does BlueFTP display?

subi
11-21-2005, 02:35 PM
The connection timeout can be set using Tools->Options->Publish in the menubar.What error message does BlueFTP display?

I get a 12002 message error. When I go to Tools, Options isn't an option! xxx

VodaHost
11-21-2005, 03:08 PM
click the below

http://support.vodahost.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=10&pcid=0&nav=0

subi
11-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. When I follow the instructions it says 'Cannot import 2:error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error'. I have used pix resizer, but there are lots of little pictures on there as icons for different pages. I hope I don't have to take these off!! xxx

click the below

http://support.vodahost.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=10&pcid=0&nav=0

subi
11-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I need to get this website up by Wednesday, is this going to be possible?

VodaHost
11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I need to get this website up by Wednesday, is this going to be possible?
This is out of our hands, Your inability to publish has nothing to do with
VodaHost or our software. The problem is with your computer.

Try this....

1) open up a blank page
2) write your name on it
3) save it as "test"
4) Publish the page
5) let me know the results

--------------------

On a side note....You do have a VodaHost web hosting account..don't you?
Can I please have your domain name?

subi
11-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Thank you. I will try this. Yes I have a BlueVoda account, my domain name is susannabenn.com

subi
11-22-2005, 12:03 AM
I have just tried to publish a blank page, and it had the same result. I'm pleased in a way, that means it's not my pics. Any other thoughts on what I can do? Sorry to be a pain! xx

subi
11-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Ah, I just managed to do the regedit thing, but it still says time out, even with a blank page. Oh... x

racefan20
11-22-2005, 06:36 AM
Ah, I just managed to do the regedit thing, but it still says time out, even with a blank page. Oh... x

Don't do a thing with regedit if you're not familiar with your registry - you could wind up messing up your pc.

What version of Windows do you run?

subi
11-22-2005, 11:21 AM
windows XP. Shall I put the settings back to how they were? xxx

Brad
11-22-2005, 12:00 PM
what folder are you trying to publish to?

subi
11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Sorry Brad, I don't understand. Folder? I just clicked on publish. Maybe this is where I'm going wrong? xx

GarlicBreath
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
when you enter your username and password..undeneath is a box that says folder.
What folder is it?

Rodney
11-22-2005, 01:03 PM
It should say public_html

subi
11-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Yes, it's the public_html folder. What else could it be? Is there something I have to do before I publish? Maybe I missed something out! xxx

VodaHost
11-23-2005, 02:52 PM
its one of two things.......

You are either entering your username and passpword incorrectly or your firewall
or your antivirus is blocking you...Open a support ticket and ask Tom to give you a
call. Give him yhe link to this thread so he will be prepared for you.

subi
11-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Thank you. x