Removed soho now site is not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed soho now site is not showing

Please help. I installed soho inadvertanly over the site I built and published with BV/VH. then I removed soho and now my site is only showing the index files. www.incaseoflife.com

Re: Removed soho now site is not showing

Originally posted by lageorge View Post
    Please help. I installed soho inadvertanly over the site I built and published with BV/VH. then I removed soho and now my site is only showing the index files. www.incaseoflife.com

Have you tried republishing your home page?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Smooth move, George!

Your only recourse is to request via a Support Ticket (use the link in my signature) to have your account "RESTORED" (not "reset") to what it was the last time it was backed up by the server.

This means you will lose any "improvements" done between the time of the last backup and to when it is restored, but at least it is something!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree with Marincky. If you look, you don't have an index page in your files - so there is nothing to show for a home page. Republish your index page.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Also.... if this http://www.incaseoflife.com/old_index.html really is an OLD index page, you might want to consider deleting this from your server using the FTP manager as Google will still pick it up even if you have a NEW index page
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Bottom line, he would be better off simply un-installing SOHO and re-installing it into it's own directory (*properly) so the fact of 2 index pages no longer conflict.

Time for barbeque...........too many "cooks"

Comment

Marincky - google will not look at that unless there's a link to it somewhere - I have all kinds of pages the se's don't pick up.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                Marincky - google will not look at that unless there's a link to it somewhere - I have all kinds of pages the se's don't pick up.
                Fair enough... I just get into the habit of deleting pages off the server if they are no longer valid, just to be on the safe side, but I'll take your expertise on this one : - )

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  Bottom line, he would be better off simply un-installing SOHO and re-installing it into it's own directory (*properly) so the fact of 2 index pages no longer conflict.

Time for barbeque...........too many "cooks"
                  No need to bang pots.....let's just see what he does, rather than post profusely?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                    That is not entirely true......I have many pages that are being regularly cached that are no longer part of a "link system" and are merely "floaters" with content that is being read (far longer than any association)..... which compells me to go in and clean things up.

Reverse logic also teaches us that were bots not independent, there would be no need for "do not follow files" when there is a specific instance to demand such a "rule"....

Comment

LOL - missed your post about "bottom line" as we posted simultaneously. And that's correct - but right now we're fixing what he did wrong - and that was installing it over the current site. After that's fixed, he can install into the correct directory.

Yep, Vasili - I agree about the pages. But I don't think the page that is being discussed here ever had a link to it by the name showing in the directory. If there were never links to it - and still aren't - it shouldn't be a problem.

That said - I go along with you - we're getting way off topic and he needs to do what needs to be done first :)
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

hmm i have left over brisket from the smoker and part of a juicy porkloin.. baked beans and slaw .. whachoo cooking over there Eric?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Vasili..Your advice has always been 'right on' so I put in a support ticket to have my site restored. I am afraid if I go re publishing pages I will really screw things up since I am brand new at all this. I don't have a clue where that old index file came from. Thank you all for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                            hmm i have left over brisket from the smoker and part of a juicy porkloin.. baked beans and slaw .. whachoo cooking over there Eric?

Karen
                            Thanks Karen!!!!! I was just about to go to bed (1.05am here) and now you have made me hungry!!! Gotta go cook.....

Comment

Oh geez - REPUBLISH your index page -

You do NOT need the support ticket.
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X