Dropdown Menu Links- too Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropdown Menu Links- too Fast

Is there a remedy for my dropdown menu (using Iframe) selections disappearing too fast to select the link?

In the COLLECTIONS field...I am uable to select any of the dropdown links below because they just retracts back too fast for selection...

TIA for your help!!
    PJ

Re: Dropdown Menu Links- too Fast

Hi, if it’s the menu bar that you want to increase the time it stays available for, before closing. Then yes it can be done but only by opening the page/file in c panel in edit mode.
    Have a look though the html until you find the area with the code bellow. The part marked in red need to be a higher number. (1000 being 1 second & 4000 being 4 seconds & so on.) It would normally be set around 700. Change to the time you think is good & save. Then test the page again.

<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var cmMenuBarMenuBar1 =
    {
    mainFolderLeft: '',
    mainFolderRight: '',
    mainItemLeft: '',
    mainItemRight: '',
    folderLeft: '',
    folderRight: '',
    itemLeft: '',
    itemRight: '',
    mainSpacing: 0,
    subSpacing: 0,
    delay: 700,
    offsetSubAdjust: [0, -1]
    };

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,
      I've located the file in the CP and just having problem SAVING the file once I've made the delay increase change. I edited it to 700, hit the save button (and it did say the page was saved)...republished my page - nothing changed. I went back to the CP, the value of the Delay is set back at 100...?

Can you please advise on how to make the change in file editing in CP permanent? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you sooo much!!!
      PJ

Comment

I think I got it to stay at the saved value - by not re-publishing the page again...is that correct?

The delay is now sufficient BUT now the links are not working within the dropdown now (does not have the rollover effects of my "linked" elements)? So I cannot select anything in the dropdown menu...

Why do the dropdown menu links not stay "out" while the mouse is running over the items to available for selection?

ahhhh!
        lol
        heelp!

Comment

Can you post the url of the page this is happening on?
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

All my dropdown menu links are working sporatically...located under COLLECTIONS, DEPARTMENTS, and STYLES. All three of these categories are with dropdown menu functions...

Thank you for trying to help.
            :)

Comment

Hi, not to sure what is happening? But this has more to do with using an iframe. When you go to http://www.thidathai.com/menu_home.html the menu works fine. You maybe better off using the php method of menus at this post.
              LINK.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Pjandjay,

Looking at the various links your desired effect of expanding menus seems to be working fine.

However the large "black area" in the center of you screen needs to be set "back" or your menu needs to be set "to front"

Your menu is opening but seemingly behind the main screen area.

Give that a try and see what happens. I hope it helps
                Kind Regards
                Rob
                www.gnjgf.co.za
                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Working...
                X