Total revamp of old site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total revamp of old site

I welcome all constructive comments please for a revamp on an old site.

www.cam-eleon.co.uk

Thank you
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Total revamp of old site

Marincky,
    -Noticed that on the Education page, www.the-bigidea.tv is not a live link, consider correcting this.
    -Same thing with the YoungEntrepreneurs link in the Awards page.
    -Might want to play with different color backgrounds, for example the black insert makes your lizard/chameleon appear fuzzy around the edges.

Good luck
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you Bill, have altered the links but can't show you as can't publish on my accounts for some reason - Ticket raised.

Can't alter colours as customer requirement!

Thank you for your comments.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006 View Post
        Marincky,
        -Might want to play with different color backgrounds, for example the black insert makes your lizard/chameleon appear fuzzy around the edges.

Good luck
        Hi Marincky,
        Suggestions for chameleon animated .gif, I'm hoping your original chameleon image is of good quality. If so, consider using this image as is and only animate the winking eye (making the animation background transparent) and place on top of the chameleon image. This should help with the present chameleons fuzzy edges.

Or you can increase the quality of the animation and remove the extra eye winks, to reduce .gif size (3 extra 'eyes' at present and because of the loop, these aren't necessary)

Hope that helps, i will have a full walk around later.

Cheers,
        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer View Post
          Hi Marincky,
          Suggestions for chameleon animated .gif, I'm hoping your original chameleon image is of good quality. If so, consider using this image as is and only animate the winking eye (making the animation background transparent) and place on top of the chameleon image. This should help with the present chameleons fuzzy edges.

Or you can increase the quality of the animation and remove the extra eye winks, to reduce .gif size (3 extra 'eyes' at present and because of the loop, these aren't necessary)

Hope that helps, i will have a full walk around later.

Cheers,
          Hi Beer,

Wow thank you for your time in supplying this eye. However, when I look at this site it looks perfectly clear to me? I tried what you suggested above and on my screen looked worse? Am I misunderstanding?

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            Hi Beer,

Wow thank you for your time in supplying this eye. However, when I look at this site it looks perfectly clear to me? I tried what you suggested above and on my screen looked worse? Am I misunderstanding?
            Hi Marincky,

If I pull your animation into my program, I receive its various frames (6) but the main subject is already on its black background. It seems that the chameleon pixalated on reduction, prior to animating it. My suggestions above where:
            Not to reduce your chameleon to much and only animate the eye. Therefore allowing you to have a clearer chameleon (larger in kb than present) and a small eye animation (smaller in kb than present) These changes won't affect load speed (maybe quicker) but they'll give your chameleon clarity.

It's a pleasure and if I can help further, give me a shout through any of my sites.

Cheers,
            Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
            Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
            Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
            BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X