Downloading fonts from web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading fonts from web

Hi, I was wishing to download other fonts that I do not have on my computer.
    I did the first bit (downloaded), unzipped and now I have no idea where to go from here. Where do I go now so that I can use that font?
    Love to hear from you.
    Thank you, Leanne

Re: Downloading fonts from web

Originally posted by willows View Post
    Hi, I was wishing to download other fonts that I do not have on my computer.
    I did the first bit (downloaded), unzipped and now I have no idea where to go from here. Where do I go now so that I can use that font?
    Love to hear from you.
    Thank you, Leanne
    Start - Control Panel - Fonts - Open - install new fonts
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
      Start - Control Panel - Fonts - Open - install new fonts
      Thanks for responding. I tried that however cannot locate fonts under control panel? Figured I was doing something wrong :(

Comment

OK I found fonts! How do I get the one I downloaded in with the rest of them. Sorry if I am asking dumb questions.
        Leanne

Comment

In the fonts section there should be an add fonts option when you click open.
          add your new font here, and then it will appear in your drop down like the others
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
            In the fonts section there should be an add fonts option when you click open.
            add your new font here, and then it will appear in your drop down like the others
            Thank you for responding to my questions, really appreciate it.
            For some reason it showed I had no fonts to put into the rest so I dragged and dropped them in and it worked. You did point me in the right direction though so thank you for that.

Comment

Well glad you got it handled. I love having lots of fonts to work with.
              Just remember, though, that if you use any font that is not web-friendly it won't show for people who don't have it loaded on their own computers.
              When I use the non-friendly ones I do so sparingly, and then save the text as an image, and alt-text the info so it can be 'seen' by spiders..
              Just n case, here is a bit on web friendly fonts: web safe fonts

Good luck
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
              X