adding buttons to menu bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding buttons to menu bar

I have recently assumed responsibility for a website. I have searched and found no specific information on this. In upgrading and bringing it up to date I need to add a few buttons to the menu bars on various pages. It seems that each menu bar button has been saved individually or not linked. When I click on the menu bar in the left toolbar, it wants to create a completely new set of buttons. Is there any way I can add Just 1 button and lock all of them together as a group?

Bob

lonestarcrafter.com

Re: adding buttons to menu bar

Hi, D/click on the menu bar that is already on your BV page & press Add on the pop up page that will appear. It will be self explanatory for there.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris. There doesn't seem to be a complete menu bar, Just individual buttons. When I d/c or r/c on any button, that individual button's info pops up and any changes I make only take affect on that button. I'm not sure what the person that built this site did, but I'm finding many things that she did wrong. This is my 1st experience with Voda. I have built sites with html and yahoo sitebuilder. If all fails I may just have to resort to using html to add this tag. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
      Bob Torbett
      lonestarcrafter.com

Comment

Hi, had a look at the page & it seems to be a normal Navigation bar. What I can’t quite understand, is you say that you have D/C on the menu & only one bit of info comes up about just one of the buttons. There should be a list of 10 buttons by where you can click on each on individually & edit that button. Or NOT click on a button to highlight it & press Add in the top right corner to put an extra button on the list.
        The only other possibility is the other user made all the buttons individually & placed them on the page one by one. If this is the case it might be worth dong the menus again.

Good luck.

PS, Maybe also be worth changing the background image on your pages for a smaller image via. View > Page properties > Background tab, enter new image url in the image field. There are some good leather backgrounds on this site at about 1kb. The image that is being used at the mo is about 260kb & slowing things down a bit.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It seems like you have imported the page using BV's Import HTML page feature. When a page is imported, there is no navigation bar any more, as BV can't read Javascript) but only single pics linked to the pages. Mouseover will not work either. You need to rebuild the nav bar from scratch
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again Chris. That's exactly what I had to do to get the pages for the site. The originator was totally uncooperative in providing files and even providing site control without the threat of legal action. I'll just continue to pick up the pieces and run with them. Thanks again. You've been very helpfull

Bob
            lonestarcrafter.com

Comment

Working...
            X