i need help adding a 'webiste members'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help adding a 'webiste members'

i need to know how to add a members thing to my site, i pretty much am clueless in this area and appreciate any help you can give me, thx

Re: i need help adding a 'webiste members'

Hi luktut... Not knowing what you have in mind... You can use utilize links... to go to a members page or pop up or even present in an I frame... my suggestion.. look through the tutorials or use the search tool here at the forum to find info and ideas that may fit the bill... hope thtat helps... Doug

Comment

thx

Comment

You can use a password protected directory to protect content on your site so its only viewable to people who you want to see it.

Alternatively there is the scripting method. You can use a php script to process logins and using either a session or cookie to remember the users information. This is a much more flexible way of doing it (Most memberships site use this that don't just have member content restricted to images or articles). The downside is all the protected pages have be made to work with the script, meaning they have to be the same extension as the scripting language (for instance .php instead of .html). So you would have to change that if its not setup that way already, and its possible you would need some knowledge of a programming language (it would depend on the script).

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X