Help!getting deaper in the mire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!getting deaper in the mire

I revamped a page and published but the old one still appeared. Went to Blue FTP and removed both new and old and re published now neither of them will appear even though in Blue FTP showing up as published. Whats going on????????????????
    My website,http//www.gobantayan.com Missing page www.gobantayan.com/bantayanmap.html

Re: Help!getting deaper in the mire

click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When you say new and old, this means that you have used two different names, otherwise there could not be new and old (the new would have overwritten the old).

Check your spelling: compare how you have saved the new page and see if it is actually bantayanmap
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Guy's,
        When I said new /old I was refering to revamped page as new and I kept same page name otherwise would have to change all the url's in other pages. Believe me have checked and re checked that name is O.K. Well I have done everything you suggested Voda Host F5 dozens of times, downloaded and used the cleanup program you suggested, rebooted the computer, re published page and guess what, still NOTHING. Would it be quicker now to create new page with different name, pain in the you know what but I can't think of anything else, can you??????? Think it might be a good idea if Voda mentioned this cache problem and advise people to download the clean up program.
        Anyway whatever thanks guy's for your help.

Comment

It is NOT a cache issue: it is a typing error: in fact your page is in http://www.gobantayan.com/Bantayanmap.html
          You have used uppercase B instead of lowercase b.

Now, BV will not save the page as bantayanmap because it will alwys save it with B since this file exists.. You need to do this:

Open your page in BV. Save it as bantayanmap1. Then, go in computer resources, and browse your BV folder. Delete the file Bantayanmap.bvp . Go again in BV, and save the page bantayanmap1 as bantayanmap. Save and publish, refresh (F5) before you test.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That bright idea did not work either, renamed the page and published but still cannot find yet in blue FTP showing as published.

Comment

Please look again at my last post as to how you need to correct your problem
              Navaldesign

Comment

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what can I say, can I use profanity I must have looked at that page a couple of dozen times and missed that capitol B. Pity its not possible to reboot the brain!!!!!!!! Needless to say its working fine, many many thanks I would buy you a beer if you were closer.

Comment

Working...
                X