UI Comments form with Dreamweaver CS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UI Comments form with Dreamweaver CS3

I want to put a blog onto a web site, and have created a new page using a template called UI Comments form. I've done this same thing in Frontpage of old and it wasn't a problem, but with CS3 I can't figure out (once the 'Submit' button is clicked), what happens next.

Where does the subject matter go?

What happens when the button is clicked?

It's got to go somewhere that other visitors to the site can see.

How does this work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: UI Comments form with Dreamweaver CS3

I haven't used DW CS3 (I'm still using DW , but just going by some of the keyword you are saying, all you did was insert a form template. The data that isn't submitted isn't being processed. Its just submitting data that isn't used, since its not used its essentially deleted.

The easiest way to check it is to click on the form and find what page the "action" is set to. Either look in the properties box or go to coda view and find "<form" somewhere after that on the same line of the next (if the text wraps) there will be action="somepage.ext".

Just check out somepage.ext and if there is some code in whatever scripting language then your data is getting process you just have to locate where.

Or if that page is blank, or there is no action="somepage" anywhere then you data isn't getting processed, and you will need to get a script to process the data

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X