Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Bots are harvesting this forum......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Bots are harvesting this forum......

Hi Everybody,

Tonight I made a search for my website and guess what?

Google bots are harvesting VodaTalk and Search.Com is
    harvesting Google.

The Bots seem to like my Forum Signature very much.

Here are the results of my search:

Hi everybody, My name is Abu Bakar Ahmad and my my wesite is "bumiweb.com". I will soon be ready to launch my website into the world wide...

www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/general…post.html
    www.bumiweb.com "I knew nothing when I started and now I know something!" But it seem I still have a lot to learn!

www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/voda…post.html
    Abu Bakar Ahmad's Albums : Bumiweb Light Box ... This owner has requested that visitors not be allowed to use the Print at Home feature ...
    albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex…

www.bumiweb.com "I knew nothing when I started and now I know something!" But it seem I still have a lot to learn!

Internet Security For Website - Web Hosting
    Hi everybody, My name is Abu Bakar Ahmad and my my wesite is "bumiweb.com". I will soon be ready to launch my website into the world wide...
    www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/general…post.html -

Landing portal
    Family tree of Malaysians from the state of Johor. Salasilah anak-anak Malaysia dari negeri Johor.
    www.bumiweb.com -

Security Center Paypal Scam ????? - Web Hosting

Epson PhotoCenter - Visit Albums - Album Index
    Abu Bakar Ahmad's Albums : Bumiweb Light Box ... This owner has requested that visitors not be allowed to use the Print at Home feature ...
    albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex…

Redirect Affiliate/Partner Program Traffic - Web Hosting
    www.bumiweb.com "I knew nothing when I started and now I know something!" But it seem I still have a lot to learn! zuriatman. View Public Profile ...

www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/scripts…traffic.html
    Favorite Quotes - - Page 9 - Web Hosting
    ... www.bumiweb.com "I knew nothing when I started and now I know something!" But it seem I still have a lot to learn!
    www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/voda…post.html -
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Re: Google Bots are harvesting this forum......

Yes.. we post about adding your signature etc on forums and emails etc etc all the time.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Pak. What is "Bots" dan Salasilah?
      Biru

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
        Pak. What is "Bots" dan Salasilah?
        Biru

__________________________________________________ _________

Salam Pak Biru,

SALASILAH as I use the term, translated into English is "Family Tree"

As for your first question:-

bot
        short for: robot, a.k.a. autobot -or- infobott -or- knowbott -or- mailbott -or- shopping bott -or- softbot
        A bot is a program that runs on a computer 24/7, automating mundane tasks for the owner, even if the owner is not logged in. Bots are used on the Internet in a variety of ways, most popularly in IRCs (Internet Relay Chat) and in search engines.
        IRC bots are programs that connect to an IRC network and interact with IRC in very much the same way a normal user does (in fact, IRC servers treat bots as regular users). Most IRC bots are used for channel control. Also known as "automatons," bots are disliked by IRC operators and long-time IRC users because of the system resources they consume.
        Search engine bots, also called spiders and crawlers, explore the World Wide Web. For example, they retrieve Web pages and follow all of the hyperlinks within each. Once they have that information, they generate catalogs that can be accessed by search engines. Popular search sites, such as AltaVista, Google, and Lycos use this kind of automated method. Webmasters are encouraged to understand the peculiarities of each search engine's bot so that they can design pages for retrieval by specific keywords.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
          __________________________________________________ _________

Salam Pak Biru,

SALASILAH as I use the term, translated into English is "Family Tree"

As for your first question:-

bot
          short for: robot, a.k.a. autobot -or- infobott -or- knowbott -or- mailbott -or- shopping bott -or- softbot
          A bot is a program that runs on a computer 24/7, automating mundane tasks for the owner, even if the owner is not logged in. Bots are used on the Internet in a variety of ways, most popularly in IRCs (Internet Relay Chat) and in search engines.
          IRC bots are programs that connect to an IRC network and interact with IRC in very much the same way a normal user does (in fact, IRC servers treat bots as regular users). Most IRC bots are used for channel control. Also known as "automatons," bots are disliked by IRC operators and long-time IRC users because of the system resources they consume.
          Search engine bots, also called spiders and crawlers, explore the World Wide Web. For example, they retrieve Web pages and follow all of the hyperlinks within each. Once they have that information, they generate catalogs that can be accessed by search engines. Popular search sites, such as AltaVista, Google, and Lycos use this kind of automated method. Webmasters are encouraged to understand the peculiarities of each search engine's bot so that they can design pages for retrieval by specific keywords.
          Thanks a lot for your explaination.
          Marhaban ya mubarak syahrul ramadhan.
          Have a good fast.

Comment

the big question is, all those sigs signed here by users all the time... whether google buys those by volume or it is counted only as one vote (backlink)?

Comment

Vodafan, Google will never tell you how it counts things - but every link back to your website that gets you found is always a good thing.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

It is really hard to tell how Google plays the game. 3 of my websites (out of 7) are no.1/1 on Google in my native language, but I have only a faint idea why. I am only guessing and maybe doing the things right. (after reading tonns of SEO - would never pay for it though)

On the other hand, I am not very keen on customers finding out, that I am doing all of them. Do I have to something to hide? (before somebody asks) No, but I need to maintain the "expert" status for those pages. Too many different websites with diff. topics would be confusing for clients & the end result would be complete distrust. I love too much multiple streams of income to s....w it up with sigs.

Comment

Actually, the longer your websites are out there- the less you'll see of these posts in the results - unless they go far down - but the links will still count as one way links back to your website.

Believe me - for starting out - it's good to have the se's move you up - and without these posts, chances are it wouldn't have happened as quickly or as far up.

And, don't expect the customers to click on most of those links. But it it's the only way for them to find you - the links are better than them not finding you at all, right?
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am already 1/1 on Google with main keywords for my 3 major websites. (in my native language the competition is much smaller, than with english language pages - bad luck for you guys, I guess with english

So I do not really need those sigs at VH Forums. I can not go further up, than 1/1 on Google, right?

On the other hand, as I wrote before, I do not want to give myself out to readers. That way, clearly I would loose my "expert status".

Comment

You probably would NOT be 1/1 if you didn't have the links from this forum that counted as well as the rest you did. You say you can't go further up - but you certainly can go down.

And, you are mistaken if you think you'll lose your expert status - how about - the few that find you that way - are most likely just looking for your website, and will not click on those other links.

Me thinks you are paranoid.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I think Google appreciate backlinks related to the main idea of the sites. In my case it is travell, cosmetic dentistry and cosmetics. I am number one in these areas only because I have lots of backlinks from sites which are dealing with these issues.

VH backlinks are deff. not related, so I would not regard them soooo important in my case. Trust me.

I am not dropping for already a year, because time to time I am putting fresh, new content to my sites. (it was a free advise, greenhorns) These
                        also securing further backlinks from related sites.

Regarding paranoia: I am just as paranoid, as the big companies, which are paying attention to the smallest details of their marketing.

Comment

If you are a year old and the bots are still picking up links from the forums to your site - then yep, there is a problem. It's usually only a new site that will find those links in the search results - unless they are way back in the results where no one except the owner/site admin might look.

Most of these people, when talking about these showing - are brand new - and these are the reason why the site moved up. They might be the only reason the site was even found and indexed.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                            Vodafan, Google will never tell you how it counts things - but every link back to your website that gets you found is always a good thing.
                            backlinks seem to be very important and must be built over time from what i have been told http://www.udonthani.co.uk/foreign_b..._embassys.html
                            this is my new page so here goes another link to the guide to embassys to thailand in bangkok
                            http://www.udonthani.co.uk udon thani thailand hotel flight and travel guide
                            http://udonthani.co.uk/forum/ udon thani tourist and expat forum night life news maps
                            http://irishclock-udon-thani.blogspot.com/ irish clock hotel blog guide for udon thani thailand
                            http://expat-udon-thani.blogspot.com/ expat guide for udon thani issan thailand

Comment

Originally posted by vodafan View Post
                              I am already 1/1 on Google with main keywords for my 3 major websites. (in my native language the competition is much smaller, than with english language pages - bad luck for you guys, I guess with english

So I do not really need those sigs at VH Forums. I can not go further up, than 1/1 on Google, right?

On the other hand, as I wrote before, I do not want to give myself out to readers. That way, clearly I would loose my "expert status".
                              Oh, I get what your trying to say. You will loose the expert status because the more people or reader that comes to your site will bring your site lower. If there are only 3 competitors without you defeating a single opponent your still in third place.

Comment

Working...
                              X