Lost Before I Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Before I Start

At long last I have joined you all. I have uploaded osCommerce using Fantastico but now I cannot find my way into osCommerce. How do you get into it where is it? I have placed my domain name in the domain server as it says but the domain name is still in use from my existing host as the plan is to rebuild then when completed change over hosts.

Re: Lost Before I Start

Well Liz,

You are going to have to use a domain name thats NOT in use or use your ip to login to it, and you will have to set up your computer to do this, and it will only work until you clear the cache and then you will have to do it again. Much easier to use a new domain name, install osc to that, then REDIRECT the old one thru your domain server.

If you have installed it to an ADDON domain, you may be able to access it thru your main account domain name, but since i dont know HOW you installed or the basics of your account I cant say, but you could try

It would be
    www.subdomain.maindomain.com/admin if the last was the case.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have used fantastico to load the osCommerce up to the control panel as per the instructions on tutorials and once loaded up the domain name is already pre-entered for me and wont allow you to change it to anything else.

Comment

Well Liz.. what you are telling me is that, you set up your account with the main domain as your SOL site? Correct? And you dont want to take down your SOL site until you have built it here? So therefore that domain in NOT available and you are going to have issues no matter what you build with or for, because you cant really do that for an online builder and thats what osc is.

You can unisntall it, and install to a subdomain, nothing is permanently preset in this world outside of SOL. You have to uninstall thru fantastico and then in the cpanel create a subdomain, and then go back to fantastico and reinstall it.

What i suggest you do, is purchase another domain name for your business, put in a support ticket and have your account reset to the new domain name. Decide how your are going to build by playing with subdomains for the moment, including osc, then.. you will be able to see what you are doing and building and rather or not you want to use this or that builder etc etc. OSC is going to be a HUGE learning curve, and I got $5.00 bucks that says you wont use it in the end. :) So trust me on this one Liz... get the account reset with a new domain name for the interim.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen
          Good advice I can see, even though I did ask vodahost all these questions before starting. Might get that $5 from you though!

Liz

Comment

Working...
          X