X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple websites on one account?

Hello My web address is www.vullcanairbrush.com
    I have a qustion about hosting,
    I am not exactly sure what does the unlimited amount of websites/ domain names exactly mean?
    Does that mean if I have more domain names I can place them on the same account like I have www.vullcanairbrush.com and if I wanted to add say www.newsite.com I would simply contact bluevoda and let them transfer it?

Also how do I use the soholounch on the same site if there is a website in the root of my website already..I have www.vullcanairbrush is there a way to have soholounch at the same time with one ore multiple sites or I have to buy another domain name and separate account altogether?
    Thanks
    Sinisa

Re: Multiple websites on one account?

You can add unlimited domains in your account. After you purchase a domain name, you simply go in your CP, and add this domain as addon. then, you should point it to your VH account. Pointing means changing it's name servers to be the ones of your VH account. To achieve this you must enter the CP of your registrar (if it is VodaHost domains, you can do it through your VBS control panel) and change the name servers.

And yes, it means that the new domain will be accessible as www.newsite.com .

During the procedure of adding the new domain in your account as addon, a new folder, named after the domain name, will be automatically created in your public_html. This new folder, will be, for the new domain, what the public_html is for your vullcanairbrush domain. So you need to publish all the pages of this new domain in this folder. Also, create a new folder inside your BV folder in your computer, and create / save the new site pages in this folder, so that you will avoid conflicts with the pages of the original domain.

Soholaunch is single license, so you can only use it for one of your domains. If you want to use it for this new domain, install Soholaunch through Fantastico in the folder of this new domain.

You only need a new account if you want to build more than one sites with Soho.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks ,
      and thanks again with helping me with the search form...it is working out great ...
      Regards
      Sinisa

Comment

I added my two websites on my vodahost account. All three website are showing same Index page... what did I do wrong? I have two seperate sub folders for the new websites. Please help!!

Comment

Are these adon domains parked ? please provide a link
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

www.goforslim.com
            www.signforhelp.com

they seem to be going to right place now, but when you look at the address bar, it says http://zlakhani.com/goforslim/index.html
            how can it be fixed so it shows www.goforslim.com ?

Comment

NavalDesign, your in depth answer just saved me a pile of grief with GoDaddy and the pointing of my three other domain names to VodaHost. Where can I send you a cheque (lol)!
              Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc
              www.futuristicpromotions.com

Comment

REPOST
                Need help!!

www.goforslim.com
                www.signforhelp.com

they seem to be going to right place now, but when you look at the address bar, it says http://zlakhani.com/goforslim/index.html
                how can it be fixed so it shows www.goforslim.com ?

Comment

Maybe you have setup some kind of redirect. Check in your CP
                  Navaldesign

Comment

I do not have domain redirect. I added domain using ADDON Domain. than used Blue Voda to upload the website. Website does show up at the proper page, but the address bar says http://zlakhani.com/goforslim/index.html instead of www.goforslim.com

Can someone help me with this? can you try going to www.goforslim.com and see what you get in your address bar?

Comment

Hi,Yep I am having the same trouble to

Instead of www.coachhousewales.co.uk

regards,sordfish.
                      Eriviat Hall a Selfcatering Private Country Retreat
                      www.eriviathall.co.uk see you soon!

Comment

I just went to godaddy and pointed my parked domain name servers to BV. It's been parked in BV for a few weeks or so. I tried moving it to the add on folder. It doesn't want to do it. Do I need to remove it from parked before it will take hold in add on?
                        It is unlocked in godaddy at this time. Thanks, P.

I get an error message saying error from parked wrapper scooterphoto.com is already configured. It also states it has been removed.

New domain name in question is:
                        Scooterphoto.com
                        This name was hosted by web.com for a year or so.

My account website name is:

When in doubt, Whip it out

Comment

I just type in http://www.scooterphoto.com and it directed it to http://www.thewindowphoto.com. Does that mean it is set up and I need to go to my BV folder in my computer and rename it?
                          When in doubt, Whip it out

Comment

Originally posted by zlakhani View Post
                            I do not have domain redirect. I added domain using ADDON Domain. than used Blue Voda to upload the website. Website does show up at the proper page, but the address bar says http://zlakhani.com/goforslim/index.html instead of www.goforslim.com

Can someone help me with this? can you try going to www.goforslim.com and see what you get in your address bar?

Looks like your issues has been resolved, I see go for slim and the correct url ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Ptog View Post
                              I just type in http://www.scooterphoto.com and it directed it to http://www.thewindowphoto.com. Does that mean it is set up and I need to go to my BV folder in my computer and rename it?

For your new domain, you should create on your own computer, a file within MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA to store the pages you create, as some of them will have the same file names for each domain, example - index and maybe even contactus.

I would try removing the addon domain and readding it again ...

Then publish your pages for this domain to public_html/scooterphoto

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X