This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phpbb

I install phpbb to make forum in my site, everythings look fine. but can i change the look of the page ? like add hyperlink button or change the banner ?. how to do that?

anybody's help, thank you very much

Re: Phpbb

Please click the link below for phpBB tutorials.

phpBB forum tutorials about how to set up and configure your community with phpBB Forum

If you want advanced customizations, If you do not know what you are doing. I
    suggest you hire a proffesional. Its not so easy to do, but very easy to mess up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

[QUOTE=ahmad]I install phpbb to make forum in my site, everythings look fine. but can i change the look of the page ? like add hyperlink button or change the banner ?. how to do that?

I found this tips on internet, although i myself still very hard to understand but i just want to share with you, maybe will help. if it is confussing, ignore my answer just follow Brad's advise!

How to create/customize a phpbb skin?

For the purpose of this post, let's assume that your existing template is subSilver and that you want to create a template called yourname.

(Replace yourname with the name of your template - one word).

Start by making a copy of the directory called subSilver, which is located inside the "templates" directory of phpBB 2. Call the new directory "yourname".

Inside "yourtemplate," there will be two files that you need to rename:

subSilver.cfg - rename to yourname.cfg
      subSilver.css - rename to yourname.css

DO NOT rename theme_info.cfg.

After that, you need to replace all instances of the words subSilver with the word yourname, inside the "yourname" directory. Use your HTML editor or other software to do a "search and replace" because there are at least a couple of hundred!

HERE ARE THE FILES YOU NEED TO OPEN AND EDIT!
      theme_info.cfg
      viewonline_body.tpl
      viewtopic_poll_result.tpl
      viewtopic_body.tpl
      faq_body.tpl
      index_body.tpl
      install.tpl (if it exists, most likely it isn't there so don't worry.)
      posting_preview.tpl
      modcp_split.tpl
      overall_header.tpl
      posting_topic_review.tpl
      privmsgs_body.tpl
      search_results_posts.tpl
      simple_header.tpl
      simple_footer.tpl
      NEW_TEMPLATE_NAME_HERE.css (subSilver.css)
      NEW_TEMPLATE_NAME_HERE.cfg (subSilver.cfg)
      admin/index_navigate.tpl
      admin/page_footer.tpl
      admin/index_body.tpl
      admin/page_header.tpl
      admin/forum_admin_body.tpl

Now you have to change the images. Open each one in your graphics editor and make whatever changes you want to - don't forget to make sure you're editing the images inside the yourname directory - NOT the subSilver directory!

When you're done with the images, upload the entire "yourname" directory to the templates directory on your server and chmod yourname/theme_info.cfg to 666.

Go into your Administration Panel on phpBB 2 and click on "Create" under Styles Admin. Select yourname from the drop-down list and complete the form using the values that you want - don't worry - you can tweak and make changes later on if it doesn't look the way you want it to at first.

When you've done that, click "Save Settings" at the bottom. phpBB 2 will tell you that you now need to export the theme.

To do that, click 'Export' under Styles Admin and select yourname from the drop-down menu. phpBB 2 should be able to install the theme automatically and report back to you that the export was successful.

Now you should be able to go into the "Configuration" panel under General Admin and select yourname from the drop-down list of available templates.

It's important to remember before you start that this isn't a quick job. It's going to take a fair bit of time and patience and trial and error to get your board looking just right - but it's worth it!
      Nyoman

Comment

Or, you can go to phpBB.com and download many different styles. I'm not discounting your suggestion, Nyoman, but editing all those files can be a pain, especially if someone doesn't know what they're looking for. I save the editing for enhancements I want to add.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
          Or, you can go to phpBB.com and download many different styles. I'm not discounting your suggestion, Nyoman, but editing all those files can be a pain, especially if someone doesn't know what they're looking for. I save the editing for enhancements I want to add.
          It's ok Recefan20, that was only a sugestion. as i said if that was difficult just ignore but if they know what they are doing, there will be the fun and the challenge.
          Nyoman

Comment

Re: I wanna be you friend

Originally posted by cheap_been8343
            Make new friends, find the hottest singles, wildest couples, and sexiest groups. Whether you're straight or gay, looking for sexy women or men, you'll find people just like you who enjoy sex, adult dating, swinging, flirting, and other sexual activities. Grab your counterpart and realize your fantasies. Join today and meet someone HOT tonight! http://www.???????????.com/
            Welcome to the forum, Private Spam! I have to ask you, I'm an asshole and no one likes me, why would I want to meet someone just like me??
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Sorry Racefan, i had to delete the spam post so i also delete it from your answer.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Sorry Racefan, i had to delete the spam post so i also delete it from your answer.
                Then why didn't you delete my answer as well? What good is a post that answers one that's been removed? The fun is gone from it and it lacks continuity for others who come along and view the thread.

My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                  Then why didn't you delete my answer as well? What good is a post that answers one that's been removed? The fun is gone from it and it lacks continuity for others who come along and view the thread.
                  As you wish. Restored.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                  X