Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell technical in CDs and download by a client

Hi to all of you:
    This is my first experience with the group. I'm not an expert in computation.
    I am writing a Course in Hydroponics. It will be sold in CD formate. Until now, I'm selling them by PayPal and I sent it individually by mail to my clients. Costs of mailing add 100% to the final costs. To reduce them, I want to sell those CDs by my page and download by my client from it.
    I dont know how to do it.
    Any help to start?
    Is there a tutorial?
    My web page is www.carlos-arano.com.ar and it is host in BlueVoda.
    My number is 7476 I believe.
    My mail is c_arano******.com.ar
    Thank you
    Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Re: Sell technical in CDs and download by a client

Hi Carlos - Welcome to the group! We are happy to see you!

I am not sure if you have one cd or several volumes of your course. However, the method can be the same.

1. Create a word document with the information.
    2. Convert the document into a pdf file, you can download a free pdf converter to do this for your document, or create a new one for each volume you sell.
    3. Upload the pdf document to your website via the ftp manager.
    4. Link to the pdf document via your website url /nameofpdf.pdf

You can supply the link to your customers immediately after payment from paypal and they can download this or you could handle these transactions each time personally, by sending the file by email. This of course will depend how large the file is that you are sending. You should be safe if you keep the file under 10 mbs.

Tip - If you find your files are being downloaded irregularly without payment you could purchase a script to eliminate this. Naval Design would be able to offer you "sound advice" in this matter. However, keep in mind people could always email your files around anyway - file sharing so to speak.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Files sharing is always a risk. However, the reason that the download links should be protected, is because if they are not, somehow SE might trace the page with the download links and then it will become really a public domain.

Instant Download Cart is a small but powerfull digital products cart that will allow you to:

Setup yourself your PayPal Details.
      Upload your ptoducts
      Use your own preferite images for the Add to Cart Buttons.
      Upload your products just using your browser. The script will create for each product the necessary code to place in your pages.
      It will verify the payment with PayPal.
      Upon return to the site, it will display the download links for the products purchased.
      It will "drag" from PayPal additional details about your customer (Name, email, country) and store them in the database.
      Provide you, through the database interface, with full details about your sales and your customers (as explained above).

If you are interested, you can contact me through my form.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

First of all, LadyEye, thank you very much for your answer. I realize it will be difficult to me to allow downloading my course. Your point "to keep the file under 10 MB" is highly important to me. You see, each one of my CLASES are over 100 MB !!!!!. So, they are very heavy.
        Besides, everything is done using Power Point (40 or more slides each one), with some small movies, my voice explaining each screen, and some music effects.
        Some of your 4 points below I believe it will be difficult to fulfil by me.
        Anyway, I will appreciate your new comments. Maybe, there is a way to do it.
        My thank you again for all your help and best regards,
        Carlos

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
        Hi Carlos - Welcome to the group! We are happy to see you!

I am not sure if you have one cd or several volumes of your course. However, the method can be the same.

1. Create a word document with the information.
        2. Convert the document into a pdf file, you can download a free pdf converter to do this for your document, or create a new one for each volume you sell.
        3. Upload the pdf document to your website via the ftp manager.
        4. Link to the pdf document via your website url /nameofpdf.pdf

You can supply the link to your customers immediately after payment from paypal and they can download this or you could handle these transactions each time personally, by sending the file by email. This of course will depend how large the file is that you are sending. You should be safe if you keep the file under 10 mbs.

Tip - If you find your files are being downloaded irregularly without payment you could purchase a script to eliminate this. Naval Design would be able to offer you "sound advice" in this matter. However, keep in mind people could always email your files around anyway - file sharing so to speak.
        Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind help. I am contacting you through your my form button. Please see my answer to LadyEye before to answer me.
          Best regards,
          Carlos

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Files sharing is always a risk. However, the reason that the download links should be protected, is because if they are not, somehow SE might trace the page with the download links and then it will become really a public domain.

Instant Download Cart is a small but powerfull digital products cart that will allow you to:

Setup yourself your PayPal Details.
          Upload your ptoducts
          Use your own preferite images for the Add to Cart Buttons.
          Upload your products just using your browser. The script will create for each product the necessary code to place in your pages.
          It will verify the payment with PayPal.
          Upon return to the site, it will display the download links for the products purchased.
          It will "drag" from PayPal additional details about your customer (Name, email, country) and store them in the database.
          Provide you, through the database interface, with full details about your sales and your customers (as explained above).

If you are interested, you can contact me through my form.
          Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

Working...
          X