X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking Question

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the place to put this question. I have a site
    www.aquabirth.co.uk that was created by a web designer a while a go not with BV. However the web guy is now stopped working!!

I can create another similar site but if I forward www.aquabirth.co.uk to aquabirth.com on BV will I lose the ranking of www.aquabirth.co.uk? or will aqaubirth.co.uk remain in the google rankings as is? The site does well on a few keywords and I do not wnat to lose that however I need to access and change the site.

I hope that makes sense

thanks for any advice

Dave
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Re: Ranking Question

Your site is very nice why do you want to rebuild it? You can just move the hosting to vodahost if you wish. You really want to keep the main domain as the .co.uk and have the .com pointing to it as it will be easier to distinguish you as a UK site. You could lose that status a touch if you go with .com.

That way you also keep your established ranking.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Ranking Question

I agree with Marincky. And if you feel you have to rebuild the site - do so offline, then just change the nameservers to point to the new one.

It's a good idea to buy the .com - but you should simply redirect it to the .uk site.

If you really, really feel the need to redo the site as the .com and you forward the .uk site, you will probably lose some of the ranking and traffic, even if you do it totally right and forward every single page to the right page on the new site.

If you have good ranking in the UK - you may never build that up quite the same with the .com url.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X