phpbb3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb3

can you please tell me how do i upload it?

Re: phpbb3

Go Here scroll down until you see the Video Tutorials block that should help you. but remember that phpBB3 is Beta and their for you should keep a eye on phpbb.com for updates.

Comment

i cant upload the style directory

Comment

if your using bv's ftp it sometimes has a ishew uploading a folder that has just folders in it. to combat this right click on your server side and make a new folder named styles. then open it and the one on your pc side. on the pc side you should now see two folders prosilver and subsilver2 now copy into the server side.

Comment

i still get 404

Comment

First make yourself a database. This can be done by going to your cPanel clicking MySQL Databases, look for New Database: in the box Wright the name you wish to give your database maybe phpbb3 then click create Database, you see that a database has now been created, notice the the name of it and Wright it down it will be prefixed with your cpanel username so it will look like username_phpbb3 . You now need to create a username and password ( if your have done this before and you know a username and password skip this bit) look for Currant Users, you will see two boxes username and password fill them out no spaces and make shore you wright the password down then click Create User. Again notice that the username is prefixed.
            Now you need to match your database to your username. Look for the Add Users To Your Databases: you will see two dropdown boxes user: and database: select the user you made and the database you made. Make sure the Privileges:All check box is checked. Then click Add User To Database. You have now made your database. Exit cpanel

Now using your FTP Manger upload all the forum files you downloaded from phpbb.com. The folder should be named phpBB3, if you wish to have a name like forum then ether rename the phpBB3 folder or create a folder on your server and upload the contents of the phpBB3 folder.
            Once you have finished uploading check that all the folders and files have been uploaded. Then watch this video to run you thought the install procedure.
            http://angies-cyberscripts.org/forum2/tutorials/phpBB3_install.html

if have any trouble post here or contact me though my forum.

Comment

i know that. but when i upload phpbb3 and go to my site it 404s me

Comment

is it still there post the url

Comment

meerkatcrew.net

it stopped 404ing but it shows something wierd

Comment

If that is your url then there is no phpBB3 forum their. there is a simple mashines forum under moonlightlake but no phpbb3 files or folders. double check that they uploaded to the right place and server.

Comment

the hell O.O i cheched in my cpanel and it says there are phpbb3 files uploaded and i want the phpbb3 in the root

Comment

Working...
                      X