Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Upload button + ???

Hi,
    I want to allow site visitors to upload files to me via my BV site, and I see how easy it is to add the "File Upload" button to a page in BV (just wish I could find a tutorial for it).

But once the visitor has clicked "Browse" and selected a file to upload, how does he/she get it to me? I'm guessing I have to pair the File Upload box with another button that will "submit" the selected file. Is that right? If so, do I have a choice of either having the file e-mailed to an address I specify or storing it in a database on my site?

Thanks in advance for clue-ing me in!
    --Jim

Re: File Upload button + ???

1. There is a tutorial, in How to upload a file using a form
    2. Yes, you do need a submit button.
    3. The tutorial script will only upload the file to your site, and it will email you the link to the uploaded file. Depending on the file type, you might be able to simply click on that link, and have the file opened in your browser, or download it on your computer. Last, known the file, you can connect with FTP and download it.

ABVFP will do more: it will attach the file to the email that you will recieve.

Currently none of these two scripts will store the file in the database.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X