Permission Coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission Coding

Having uploaded through Fantastico to CPanel I have no files on PC and certain files that need changing in order for my customisation I cannot change or rather after making changes in File Manager they will not save. Somebody has suggested I need to alter the permission coding to allow for overwriting and said I should see this on the indivdual file when I click on it. Well I certainly cant see it when you do that. In one of the tutorials it said something about changing permission to write and you could do that through your FT but I cant see that either.

Can anybody tell me how to be able to overwrite all files so I may complete my customisation and then get on to adding products?

Can you also tell me in preparation is it possible to have one product in more than one category?

Thanks in anticipation of your excellent advice.

Re: Permission Coding

It would probably be a good idea for you to register with the official osCommerce Support Forum (via the link in my signature below >> go to Community), where you will find literally every single question answered in detail, along with lots of incidental 'helps' that make the job a whole lot easier!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks I've asked there as well and waiting for answer

Comment

Liz,

The files on your computer you just right click on and take off the read only. You can do folders and apply it to all files in the folder as well. Occassionaly theres a stubborn one and you have to go and do the individual ones as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X