Google webmaster tool - Not matching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google webmaster tool - Not matching?

I use the Google webmaster tools which I find very handy. Several weeks ago I used the 'Remove url' tool which allows you to tell Google of pages that no longer exist and to remove them from their search.

They passed these and removed them, however, only today they picked up all of them as 'unable to find url's' despite them telling me they had removed them?

Is it because they are finding a link to them somewhere? I don't get it.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Google webmaster tool - Not matching?

Yes.. cached links in their spidering. Redirect them in your htaccess file.

Takes a few minutes and no more errors.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks karen
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

And something else to think about - whenever possible, don't remove pages - use them in another fashion if necessary.

I just got a sale from someone who came in via a page that was originally for a line of products I no longer carry. I turned that page into some information and with links to my other pages - and let the traffic still come in. I don't pay for that traffic - so any sale that comes through that page is a bonus. That same person MIGHT have gone to other pages if they got the Page Not Found - but more likely would have clicked off at that time.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
          And something else to think about - whenever possible, don't remove pages - use them in another fashion if necessary.

I just got a sale from someone who came in via a page that was originally for a line of products I no longer carry. I turned that page into some information and with links to my other pages - and let the traffic still come in. I don't pay for that traffic - so any sale that comes through that page is a bonus. That same person MIGHT have gone to other pages if they got the Page Not Found - but more likely would have clicked off at that time.
          I totally understand Bethers, I only remove pages as a last resort, unfortunately I didn't really have much choice but to remove 113 pages from one of my wedding directories. (Trust me I had no alternative) but due to the nature of the business it doesn't appear to have had any long term effect.

Comment

I probably wouldn't have worried too much if they were directory pages either - so take the time to follow Karen's advice and you'll quit having the problem :)

I didn't figure you were dropping pages at any whim - unfortunately, many people do - some just change page names every other week - then wonder why they never get traffic to any of their pages. Go figure.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
              I probably wouldn't have worried too much if they were directory pages either - so take the time to follow Karen's advice and you'll quit having the problem :)

I didn't figure you were dropping pages at any whim - unfortunately, many people do - some just change page names every other week - then wonder why they never get traffic to any of their pages. Go figure.
              There is no telling some!...

Comment

Hi Ramsey,

It is an off (sorry fellow readers), but I have read, here, that you are running wedding websites. Maybe we could do some biz together.
                How can I contact you?

Cheers

Vodafan

Comment

click the TOP link in my sig and email me.

Comment

Sent you the mail a minute ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X