Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing .html extension

Hi All,

Is there anyway to remove the .html extension on a webpage? I know it doesnt appear on the index page but i was curious for added pages.

So, www.mydomain.com/service instead of www.mydomain.com/service.html

I see plenty of sites out there that dont have a .html or .php extention on the end of it. How can i do the same?

Thanking You
    Alex

Re: Removing .html extension

If you use BV you can't make that change. You can change the page to .php instead of .html - but the extension will show.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Removing .html extension

Those pages are most likely created with a shopping cart system based on a SHARED database and the database renders them this way. Oracle is a good example or ROR (Ruby on Rails). You could do this if you used those types of systems and ROR is open source software, but I hope you are pretty advanced in programing and html.

You could also do this in BV by make a folder for every single file IE: Make the folder Server, then upload an INDEX.html for that file folder. Then that url would work. If its a very large site tho.. you are going to have a TON of "INDEX" files to keep up with.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X