PDF Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Files

I know there's a thread explaining the ins and outs of uploading PDF files etc but I can't seem to find it. Any takers?

Sally.

Re: PDF Files

Originally posted by sally View Post
    I know there's a thread explaining the ins and outs of uploading PDF files etc but I can't seem to find it. Any takers?

Sally.

Remember too, there is a search feature at the top of the forum that will help you at times when you are looking for things you know are somewhere, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Lady but those threads are locked. When I upload a PDF file via my File Manager is it automatically a zip file? I named my file fm06 so should my link be www.mydomain.blah/fm06.zip? I've tried that and no joy. How does one create a Zip file?

Sally

Comment

Zip is a compression software. Most computers have it installed, other wise google it and find a download lnk.

Then read the instructions on how to use it to create a zip archive with your file(s).
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Zip is a compression software. Most computers have it installed, other wise google it and find a download lnk.

Then read the instructions on how to use it to create a zip archive with your file(s).

So should I have created a Zip File for my PDF file before I uploaded via File Manager?

Comment

Ok, I've gone into my Cpanel. Clicked on File Manager, selected public-html folder. Uploaded a zipped version of the PDF file I want. Its listed as fm06.zip. I then created a link on one of my webpages http://www.mydomain.blah/fm06.zip Should this be it?

Sally

Comment

Yes, that is correct.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, that is correct.
                It ain't working I'm afraid. All I'm getting is

Not Found

The requested URL /fm06.zip was not found on this server.
                Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

Nearly there. I realised I was uploading the Zip File to my Primary Domain folder instead of my Add on Domain. That's rectified. What's happening now is that when I press the link a window appears telling me its a Zipped File and what do I want to do with it. When I press Open it's as if I'm opening the file from My Documents on My PC. Should it not just open in a browser window?

Sally

Comment

No. If you zip it it will download and then you can open it in your computer.

Upload the original file,as PDF, not as zip. Then it will open in the browser.

Why did you want to zip it in the first place ?
                    Navaldesign

Comment

No. If you zip it it will download and then you can open it in your computer.

Upload the original file,as PDF, not as zip. Then it will open in the browser.

Why did you want to zip it in the first place ?
                      That's the impresssion the instructions gave. So will the link be fm06.pdf

Comment

EUREKA!

Thank you one and all

Comment

Working...
                        X