Customising osCommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customising osCommerce

1. I am trying to change such titles as 'What's New Here', 'New Products For' to my own titles I thought I had found the correct place and replaced the wording with my own but still the original wording shows when you go on line can somebody point me in the right direction?
    2. I am also tring to change the background colour to the products listings and again same as above.
    3. I would like to change colour of border round the 'New Products For' and just can't find that at all.
    4. On your columns where you have say Categories, Tell A Friend, Quick Search, Information....... how do you make a space between each one, as mine are all squashed up directly under each other?
    5. Can you also tell me the best way of transfering coding. I have all the HTML for each page I wish to add from my existing site but there is font instructions etc as well as basic text, linkings etc. within the html how do I strip out the font instructions so when applied the style sheet is followed rather than the instructions in the html but still keep all the text, links etc

Hoping somebody can help so I may steam on a bit further

Re: Customising osCommerce

You really should register at the osCommerce Community Support Forums, where you will find detailed step-by-step instructions and neat tips plastered throughout.

You could also download the eManual for osCommerce, which is really the definitive way to find answers to your questions.

Also, once you become familiar with OSC and the Official Site, you will find many nifty MOD's and plug-ins that might be of interest to you as well.

Both are asccessible by using the osCommerce link in my signature below.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I am registered on the osCommerce Forum and I have not been able to find the answers and have posted questions which aren't answered in some cases and direct me to articles that dont help in others. I thought the purpose of this section on Voda was to also help not just send you back to os where I have already looked and not found answers. If there is no assistance in this section why have it?

Comment

Measha

It is.. but the majority dont use it because of the complications it presents.. remember the $5.00 bet??? Thats why. It usually requires the use of the modules unless you really wanna get in there and learn the programming.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Willing to learn but somebody needs to give guidance!

Comment

This was Voda Support answer:-
            Please post your question(s)in our community support forum and
            one of our VERY knowledgeable and helpful design staff will help
            you resolve your issues and achieve your goals.
            Now I just need the help to resolve the issues!

Comment

Working...
            X