Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost pictures at lightbox

Hi,
    My problem is that I lost the pictures (I can see the titles but not the images) I 've inserted to the light-box when I transfered the files .bvd and .jpg to another computer.
    Kleanthis

Re: Lost pictures at lightbox

Originally posted by kba View Post
    Hi,
    My problem is that I lost the pictures (I can see the titles but not the images) I 've inserted to the light-box when I transfered the files .bvd and .jpg to another computer.
    Kleanthis
    you say you have lost them - do you mean you can't find them in your old computer to make the transfer? Or you put them somewhere in the new computer and can't find them? Or you can't find them at all?
    A little more detail might help us help you, please.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

If you have transfered your BV pages to another computer, you will of needed to transfer the images as well. It is usually quicker to just reload them into the light box again unless the other computer is set up the same way as the one you transfered from.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

how do i add description with an image to view

hi my domain name is hipknotique.com, and am using photo gallery for my images. and i will like to know how do i add description with the image so when visitors click on the image to view larger image , they can see a description of the item image, please check my site and click on juniors. http://www.hipknotique.com

Comment

Re: how do i add description with an image to view

Originally posted by jaysha View Post
          hi my domain name is hipknotique.com, and am using photo gallery for my images. and i will like to know how do i add description with the image so when visitors click on the image to view larger image , they can see a description of the item image, please check my site and click on juniors. http://www.hipknotique.com
          Hi, shouldn’t really hijack other members threads! With your question. It can’t be done with the gallery on its own; You can place an image on a page put some text underneath it. Preview & take a screen shot, save as jpg. Then crop for the pop up. The other alternative is to use iframes. Or some photo editing software has this facility to add text.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
            you say you have lost them - do you mean you can't find them in your old computer to make the transfer? Or you put them somewhere in the new computer and can't find them? Or you can't find them at all?
            A little more detail might help us help you, please.
            I transfered the pages .bv and the images .jpg in the new computer from the old one where at first I worked, and I see only lines instead of the images. When I click the properties of the lightbox, I see only the titles of the images but not the images.
            Thank you.

Comment

Yeah I think collectors is right - it is usually easier to reload them into the lightbox..sorry
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com
              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Guys,

KBA,

Even if U cant view the image in BV

The scripts for the page can still be intact so try viewing the BV the page using a browser and if the image can be viewed just right click and save as to your folder.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Lost pictures at "preview" option

Hi,
                  Some of the pictures at lightbox, it isn't possible to see them, when I use the "preview" option.
                  Thank you

Comment

This will happen if the two PCs are not set up exactly the same. As Chris has explained, the new pc must be set up exactly the same as the old pc.

After you have transferred all the files, and you preview or publish them again, the images might not be in the same folder as was on the old pc. On the old pc you have specified a path where the images must be found on that pc. If this path differs on the new pc, you will not be able to preview them when previewing the page. They will also not be visible when viewing the page url after publishing.

TIP: Ensure the path to your BV files and images are the same as on the old pc. Example: c > documents and settings > username folder (even this must be the same) > My Documents > folder / subfolder/s to your BV files (must be the same folder tree structure). The same applies for the images.

If the above is not done, then you can always re-populate the lightbox on the new pc as was exlained by the other members above.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
                      This will happen if the two PCs are not set up exactly the same. As Chris has explained, the new pc must be set up exactly the same as the old pc.

After you have transferred all the files, and you preview or publish them again, the images might not be in the same folder as was on the old pc. On the old pc you have specified a path where the images must be found on that pc. If this path differs on the new pc, you will not be able to preview them when previewing the page. They will also not be visible when viewing the page url after publishing.

TIP: Ensure the path to your BV files and images are the same as on the old pc. Example: c > documents and settings > username folder (even this must be the same) > My Documents > folder / subfolder/s to your BV files (must be the same folder tree structure). The same applies for the images.

If the above is not done, then you can always re-populate the lightbox on the new pc as was exlained by the other members above.
                      Dear Tom,
                      I 've already tried to create the same path to the bv files but it wasn't effectively, so I repopulate the lightbox.
                      Now I have a new problem. I created lightboxes but some of the pictures can't be "seen" when I use the "preview" option of the page.
                      What's your opinion?
                      kba

Comment

Don't you have a link to your site for us yet so that we can take a closer look?
                        Bless you
                        Tom

Comment

At this period I try to create the site using bluevoda. So unfortunatelly I haven't any link to show you.
                          Thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X