Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link In Marquee

Hello all,

Can the text in the marquee be also a link?

Sally

Re: Link In Marquee

Hi Sally,

No it can't, however what you could probably do is make a shape the same width and height then click on its properties and change it to 'Transparent' Then put your link within the shape.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Well, yes, it can. Place a marquee in your page. Then, independently, place the text that you want to appear in the marquee, and link it as you like. Right click on the text, select HTML. Copy the code and paste it in place of text in the marquee. Delete the external text and you are done.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry George I didn't realise you could do that.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I still discover new things that can be done, every day.. LOL
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            Well, yes, it can. Place a marquee in your page. Then, independently, place the text that you want to appear in the marquee, and link it as you like. Right click on the text, select HTML. Copy the code and paste it in place of text in the marquee. Delete the external text and you are done.
            Could you explain that a bit more? I placed the text I wanted seperate on the page. Linked it, right clicked, copied HTML and pasted it into my marquee window text box. Saved and published. Although the marquee text changed colour to my Background Link Colour it did't act as a link when the cursor went over it.

Sally

Comment

Hi, Change to your link & message.

<a href="http://www.website-to-link-to.com">Your text will go here for the scrolling message.</a>

Then place this in the Marquee properties text area.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                Hi, Change to your link & message.

<a href="http://www.website-to-link-to.com">Your text will go here for the scrolling message.</a>

Then place this in the Marquee properties text area.
                Just to confirm. I'm linking to another page on my website where exactly do I place the - in the address.

Comment

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Its scrolling as if its a link but alas its not a link.

Sally

Comment

Sally, you must be doing something wrong. Please provide a link to the problematic page so we can have a look.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Kinda gave up on that. Another question: How do I leave a space between different messages in the marquee, or can I? I tried with the space bar but to no avail.

Cheers, Sally.

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
                          Kinda gave up on that. Another question: How do I leave a space between different messages in the marquee, or can I? I tried with the space bar but to no avail.

Cheers, Sally.
                          You could add two marquees and space each marquee box accordingly ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                            You could add two marquees and space each marquee box accordingly ...
                            I can live with that. Thank you.

Sally

Comment

Working...
                            X