Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscommerce CRE 6.15

Hi all.................

I am looking to buy a complete website shop out of the box which is version, Oscommerce CRE 6.15, all pre-loaded with products and images.

Now i have tried a free version which they supply with no images etc just to test before I buy. I uploaded the catalog file etc changed the CMOD in nessecery files as per tutorial that works fine!

Then when it came to pointing my browser to the www.mydomainname.co.uk/catalog/install file i came up with the Oscommerce New shop install. I then put my Msqldata base name in and get as far as connection test, Connection test fine!!!!!

But then I get the following error message:
    Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons.

I have looked round on forums and come to the conclusion from others that my PhP script is running in safe mode.

I am running a script that requires Safe Mode to be OFF! Can this be altered?

I have also installed Oscommerce through control panel but this is a new version M2M can I ran the Oscommerce615 on the version to save error messages?

Please can someone help as it seems im going round in circles and I also asked Bluevoda before I purchased account if I could install Oscommerce 615 through them, but its looking a little more troublesome then first anticipated.

Hope to hear from someone sonn, Thanks, Steve

Re: Will this work??????????????

put in a support ticket

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Will this work??????????????

Do you think turning the security feature off is as easy as others seem to make out?

Its just that the website I want has got about 8000+ products listed which I tried doing through the Oscommerce Control panel version M2M.
      Got to about the 100th product and thought there must be a easier way...lol

Hence looking at buying the pre-loaded 615 version.(If it will work!)
      Hope it can get sorted, thanks for your help Karen, Steve

Comment

Re: Oscommerce CRE 6.15

Steve,

Im sure it will work by putting in a support ticket simply stating the problem of the php permissions. If its a server based issue thats how it has to be done because you dont have access to the area where this has to be set, and im sure the qualified techs will be able to help you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Oscommerce CRE 6.15

The trial version and the actual store you bought are similar, but not the same.

Be sure to read the ".txt" install file that came bundled with the store, and to download/print the official user's manual available from the official site.

Depending on where you purchased your store, 24/7 live support is available to help you sort out this specialty load --- directly from the seller (check your delivery invoice for details).
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X