No announcement yet.

Can you turn published pages into .bvp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you turn published pages into .bvp?

I have lost some of my .bvp and am unable to retrieve it or work with with website pages. Is there any way to turn my published pages back into .bvp? I am getting desperate..have been dealing with this situation for weeks. Customer support cannot restore it past two days.

Re: Can you turn published pages into .bvp?

yes
    Open a new page in your site builder
    FIle-new page-from existing html page
    and tick the box that says remote (on the internet)
    Then enter the url of the page you are seeking to reproduce
    Click okay
    You will get most of the page back. It will need some adjustments but is way better than starting over entirely.
    Fix it how you want it and republish.

The big lesson here is to back up your pages on a pen drive, thumb drive flash drive - whatever you call them where you are. Back up at least once a week, or whenever you have done a lot of work.

Save yourself from having to do this again..I am telling you this from having to rebuild nearly 100 pages because I lost them and hadn't backed anything up.
    Boy, am I diligent about it now..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thank you so much/ I will go try that now.

Comment

I Love you!!! It worked like a charm! Bless you, I wish I could buy you a drink or bake you cake or something. And I will definitly back up my pages now. Thank you Thank you! I have encountered a problem now...when I try to preview i get the error 'unsuspected file format' what do I need to do to fix it?

Comment

I moved them into public-html file but am still getting 'unexpected file format' ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by lageorge View Post
            I moved them into public-html file but am still getting 'unexpected file format' ugh!
            Man, I don't have a solution for that one.
            Where did you move them from? They should have gone to your public_html file automatically when you published them..
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

they did but I am still getting the unexpected file format..i am having a brain hiccup what extension should they be in to preview? www.incaseoflife.com

Comment

They will be in .bvp, as you are opening them in your sitebuilder to preview them. As far as I know you can't preview them any other way..

Oh, and before I forget,
                I had that same unexpected file format issue at one time - it was the same time I lost so many pages and had to rebuild. My com]uter guy was able to retrieve much of what I had lost in a hard drive crash, but some of what he retrieved gave me that message about unexpected file format.. so.. Before I rebuilt I reinstalled BV, just in case.
                It never hurts to do that, and you never lose anything you have created. Just figured I was covering all the bases.
                BTW I still had to rebuild those files that gave me that message, but i have ever have had that message come up again.
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Hi larozovich...sorry it took so long to get back to you..my problem was evidently a computer problem. I ran a system restore and stopped getting that error...Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Excellent!
                    Liz
                    www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

We are running a website that will be updated from two different computers at two different locations. My question is how do I retrieve the complete pages from the computer that I didn't build my templates on? I have done the same thing you said to the other guy but my page is only half complete. Is there any way to do this or am I up a creek?

Comment

we just had the same thing happen to one of my customers. we went to the control panel, connected with ftp tool, transferred all the images and information to my computor, then followed all the instruction from larazovich. That way once we copied with the page with existing html from the internet, all the pictures and information was in place. we didn't have to reset pictures or anything.
                        hope this helps.
                        Also what i do with about the same situation is i have the other person do the work and email me the page and i inserted the page into the webbuilder, saved it and published it. that way only one person is publishing to the site.
                        mrmagoo144
                        mrmagoo144
                        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Good solution Mr Magoo
                          thanks
                          Liz
                          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

You have also saved my life. My hard disk crashed yesterday and I had been using Norton 360 to back up my files; guess what it does not back up .bvp files! I have now invested in an external hard drive and am busy pulling over 100 pages back from the websites.

Thank you

Michael

Comment

Working...
                            X