Displaying alist of links in nice way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying alist of links in nice way

Hi, I am setting up a resources page on my website which is going to be a page containing a lot of links. I would like to be able to create a nice table and place them in that. Is there anyway other than an iframe that i can make this look attractive without using iframes or the normal table layout with a background img?

Re: Displaying alist of links in nice way

i would use the text links. you can use any type of font and perhaps put an icon beside it.
    look here at what i did

or

good luck,
    Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Displaying alist of links in nice way

When creating a links page be advised:

No more than 50 on each page

Try to link to and from sites with good content and if possible with a good page rank (although I hear page rank is old hat now and on its way out, others may comment on this?)

Link to and from sites that are related to whatever your site is about.

Don't use automated link exchange programs! Find the links and manually create yourself. Google WILL know if you don't.

If you find a site you want to link exchange with add them FIRST then email them and politely ask for a link back. Asking them to link to you first lessens your chance of receiving a link back.

Don't put Google adsense on your links pages.

10 links in from well placed, ranked and rated sites are better than 100 links from poorly created and optimised sites with 0 ranking.

Be prepared for a lot of time consuming work!

Best of luck.

P.S. If you want ideas, here is one way I have created a resources section of one of my client's sites. http://www.steppin-out.co.uk/resources.html Notice how I have split the resources up into categories. You have to ensure your resources page is done for the benefit of visiting clients to the site and not for search engine purposes.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
      X