Naval - I need your expertise again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval - I need your expertise again.

On one of my sites I have a form which 90% of the fields require data or the form will not submit.

However, recently I have been getting spam emails through this form from a test @ yahoo.co.uk

These forms only have 2 fields filled in, and one of the fields I have a limit of 250 characters yet they submit spam in the shape of about 10,000 characters!

How can they get round my validation fields, and what can I do to stop them?

I haven't put the form url but can let you have it if required.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Naval - I need your expertise again.

because your validation is the one BV has built in, which is Javascript. Javascript can be disabled in the browser, so they can override the validation. You should perform php script validation additionally to your BV built in one. If you use ABVFP you can do that quite easily.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
      because your validation is the one BV has built in, which is Javascript. Javascript can be disabled in the browser, so they can override the validation. You should perform php script validation additionally to your BV built in one. If you use ABVFP you can do that quite easily.
      I don't have ABVFP and not sure exactly how to install it etc. Is that something you would do for a fee? If so how?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Yes, i can install it. Please visit and read http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php

Or you can try to install it yourself, it is not difficult at all.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X