Any bright ideas to help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bright ideas to help me?

My dear PC has a problem - when it boots up, 90% of the time it cannot see its own hard drive - and refuses to boot up. Perseverance, switching on off, changing and then changing back the boot settings (which do not include the hard drive option as it can't see it), switching it off again and leaving the room for half an hour (as well as doing the rain dance in the garden) and ultimately it WILL boot up!

But, the next time I switch it on I have to go through the whole darn procedure again!

Any suggestions? The recovery program says it is too damaged to recover, but I don't want to restore to factory settings as I don't trust recovering from backup sufficiently!

How can I make the sweet little thing (which has come very close to being thrown out of the window on several occassions!) recognise the hard drive?

Be extremely grateful!!
    Cheers
    Trish
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Problem solved!

After looking for very complicated solutions tried the simplest of them all! To cut a long story short, the problem was caused by a loose connectiion to the hard drive! Reconnected it and all was well.

Very odd, on a 18 month old PC which has not been interferred with - but just shows that even the most complicated technology can have an easy answer.

Lesson - DON'T PANIC, and patiently work through ALL the options.

Perhaps this may help someone else with a similar problem!

Trish
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
    X