Deet

Re: Please review my site

Originally posted by Deet View Post
    Please review my site: http://www.enjoythebirds.com

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Thank you,
    Deet
    Hi Deet.
    Like your site - I have several different bird and squirrel feeders in my yard and we get hours and hours of enjoyment from watching our critters every day... nice to find a site like this.

Couple of comments for you:
    1. There are a couple of text links to birdfeeders that do not work.

2. I would like to see some contact information in your header. Not that it is important in terms of ordering things; bu
    t, I think it would lend some crediblility to the site rather than having it anonymous

3. Where you have used a color behind some text to highlight it, you might want to consider using a shape instead, as the general highlighting seems a bit unprofessional.

4. Your header seems alittle loose, that is, not tied together. Perhaps a thin line around it or something like that would unify it a bit.

5. Your background color, although pleasant, seems to me oddly unrelated to the site. To me, it doesn't complement your product pictures . Perhaps you might consider a shape behind your product pictures and verbage with a light neutral complementary fill color, like maybe the light green color in your buttons... just a thought.

Overall I really like your site.
    Good Work.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

great job, good navigation, good set up for paying, easy to understand what you are selling. Maybe put some bird sounds in the background, but not sure if that would be annoying. Worth a try on one of your pages. Also would be nice if you had some video of birds using your products. Again, if I was buying a bird product I would be buying it from you.
      Mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks Liz.

Back to work I go. Heigh Ho! (smile)

I never did figure out what I did wrong that made me go in and change all the .bvp to .php links manually. (A different post in bv hyperlinking) I hope I don't have to do it for my next site...it has many more products.

Thanks again,
        Deet

Comment

Thanks for your kind words Mrmagoo144!

Comment

I learned something else today. To look at my site on another computer!!

It was amazing how different both of my sites looked on a different computer! The background blue of Enjoy the Birds is nowhere near what I saw on my laptop!

And the heading for As Seen on TV did not fit the space.

Always learning, learning, learning. It's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deet View Post
              I learned something else today. Always learning, learning, learning. It's a good thing.
              LOL For the most part, but then again, whenever I pick up something new, it tends to require me to go back and do mountains more than ever imagined!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                LOL For the most part, but then again, whenever I pick up something new, it tends to require me to go back and do mountains more than ever imagined!
                You are sooo right! I'm still making my changes! I also learned that different browsers show differently! Things that line up in IE don't always do so in FF, for example. I am going with the old adage that you can't please everybody so if it works in IE the others will have to do the best they can and hopefully the people will understand that there is a difference.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Deet-
                  I am liking the changes in the headers and the background color too
                  also like the outlines on the images
                  Looking Good..
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

keep up the good work ... it is looking good ... don't worry - you never stop learning here even when you've been here awhile ... it's great fun ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Well, I have tweaked, added, and changed. Now, I'm asking for another review please.

Thanks in advance.

Deet
                      http:www.//enjoythebirds.com

Comment

Working...
                      X