This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you page and menu buttons

My domain name is gordonpatzer.com, would you please take a look at my BlueVoda problems. (I have watched, and re-watched, the BlueVoda videos, which are extremely helpful for as far as they go. I am a novice at all this and, to be honest, I think I wish I would have invested the many hours and work in FrontPage, even though I don’t know how to use it now, instead of Blue Voda. It seems surely that FrontPage is better designed with problems worked out along with more flexibility…as you can read, at this point, I am frustrated with my experience with BlueVoda and VodaHost).

Recently, after much and many work, hours and frustration, I published, for the first time, my 8-page VodaHost website (www.gordonpatzer.com) and the messages that came back said they published successfully. However, my problems include the email-contact page, as well as my other problems, as I state in my 3 topics below. Help on these will be appreciated greatly:

(1) How do I link my major website pages to the menu buttons that I've created? I don't want to use the hyperlink button function because that then changes my menu button names to the same hyperlink style as hyperlinked text and I want the menu button names simply to be text/words with no underscores and colors, but yet I want to keep the typical hyperlink style for other such uses. Because no menu buttons served my needs (such as my need for long menu button names that needed two lines of text arranged vertically), I created my own text buttons along with a round-rectangle shape around them. I then linked the shape of these respective menu buttons to the website pages, but people want to click on the menu button name, and not necessarily the shape, to go to the respective website page. So, how do I have a click on either the menu button word or the shape surrounding it to take the reader to the respective website page (without creating a style change typically caused by the standard hyperlink function)?

(2) I created a Thank-you-for-submitting page to acknowledge persons who send me an email though my website contact page using the ABVFP contact form that I created--for which I simply modified/enhanced/personalized the ABVFP contact form format. However, my thank-you-for-submitting page that I created does not get sent to people who send me email and, instead, the very basic non-enhanced ABVFP thank-you-for-submitting page goes instead.

The thank-you-for-submitting page that I created (or, rather, modified) to acknowledge persons who send me an email though my website contact page using the ABVFP contact form, I simply modified/enhanced/personalized the ABVFP contact form that came with my respective zip download (thankyou_page, with HTML extension). However, even though I changed the page extension to php as the tutorial instructions said to do, my thank-you-for-submitting page that I created does not get sent to people who send me email and, instead, the original ABVFP thank-you-for-submitting page goes instead with the DB Technosystems large printed name and the instructions in large red letters at the top -- "Your Header Here!" -- and in large red letters at the side--"Your Menu Here!"

I did insert my header and my menu, saved it, changed the extension to php, and published it to my website (at least I think I did--I am very new to this). I checked by VodaHost CPanel (www.gordonpatzer.com) and I do see the page with the extension (thankyou.php) in my public_html file, but yet this personalized thank you page (after inserting the header and menu as instructed) does not get sent to people who submit an email message to me through my website (www.gordonpatzer.com) contact page.

As I stated above, I am new (very new) to this, so anything is possible in that I am apparently overlooking some critical step.

Sincerely,

gordon787

Re: BlueVoda problems: email, thank you page, menu buttons

1. You have your menu buttons that you created linked to your pages, that is good, but you can also link your text - you can create a style for this linked text .. you will see when you highlight this text and go to insert and choose link, the box where you apply the link, also contains an area for appearance, choose this and choose create new, ADD a new link style - you can change color, size, bold or not, underlined or not as well, once you create the link style which will be number 1 to start with, apply that style to the linked text. You can have the exact style you are looking for .. no underscores etc. - You can create as many link styles as you prefer.

You will notice there are 4 areas of a link style that you can change.
    Linked
    Visited
    Active
    Hover
    For each of these 4, click on them to change new link style, you will choose color, tick or untick underline, bold or italic ...

For help with your contact form, if would be best to copy and paste your questions related to that in the form area of this forum.

Good Luck with your site, I believe you are doing very well, you will become more familiar with blue voda everyday and you will receive plenty of help right here. Not to be discouraged. Good Luck ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

See if I can help a little here, first point one. I think what you need here is the menu bar function and not Nav bar. If you go to the top in bluevoda, insert - extra - menu bar this will give you either a horizontal or vertical menu bar that has no underscores but a nice hover over effect 9changes colour to what you want, I did a mockup for you here http://www.2020visiongroup.co.uk/demo.html
      Let me know if this is not what you want, will have a look at your other points shortly.

Regards
      Paul

Comment

Thank you immensely....Re: BlueVoda problems: email, thank you page, menu buttons

I thank immensely, both Paulbarl and LadyEye below. Your quick and explicit reply is appreciated greatly and I will now immeul try the suggestions/guidance/help offered in both your messages.

Thank you again, I appreciate this greatly.

gordon787

Comment

No problem, notice that you have done this already, well done. Don't forget that the background colour to the link can also be changed (notice this is grey at present, ok if you planned it this way) If you wanted to tie it in with the image chose a blue shade that matches the image etc.

Paul

Comment

Re: Thank you page and menu buttons

hello; I would like to add my 2cents. If you want to have a navigation bar but not have it look like one, such as
            www.tprspecialties.com
            then you could just place an invisible image over the complete name and area and link the image to the page. Now you don't have to worry about any change of color and you can have any graphics you want.
            hope this helps.
            As for your form, I'm sure Naval will come up with the right answer for you. He is a genius.
            Mrmagoo144
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

One more quick appreciation note

I appreciate the expert suggestions put forth by paulbarl, LadyEye, and mrmagoo400. While all three suggestions are helpful, what worked perfectly for me was the suggestion/direction/advice by paulbarl. The insert-extra-menu directive was particuarly appreciated because it spelled out explicilty the steps needed to get where I need to go.

(As a footnote, the insert-extra-menu solution for me did not directly solve my two-line length menu button label problem, but it certinly seemed to provide a workable indirect alternative to make my two-line length menu button labels work by perfomring a separate insert-extra-menu procedure for only the second line as a separate menu item and then just moving it to the same button. By the way, I seemed to have needed to create a seperate inset-extra-menu button for each of my 8 buttons rather than to place all the buttons in one of these insert-extra-menu procedures: www.gordonpatzer.com.)

Thank you again. Your help was a life saver and greatly appreciated as such.

gordon787

Comment

Thank you page form problem via contact page form.

MRMAGOO400,

I like your suggestion below and, now, how do I communicate my email/thankyou page problem to "NAVAL" as referenced in your message?

My domain name is gordonpatzer.com, would you/NAVAL/someone knowledgeable please take a look at my BlueVoda problem concerning the email contact page. I created a Thank-you-for-submitting page to acknowledge persons who send me an email though my website contact page using the ABVFP contact form that I created--for which I simply modified/enhanced/personalized the ABVFP contact form format. However, when people use my website contact page to send me an email message, my thank-you-for-submitting page that I created does not get sent to people who send me email. Instead, the very basic non-enhanced ABVFP thank-you-for-submitting page gets sent intead...and, now, even worse, as I have tried to fix that problem, I've created another problem in that now that non-enhanced ABVFP thank-you-for-submitting page doesn't even get sent anymore and instead the sender gets a "can't find website page" message.

The thank-you-for-submitting page that I created (or, rather, modified) to acknowledge persons who send me an email though my website contact page using the ABVFP contact form, I simply modified/enhanced/personalized the ABVFP contact form that came with my respective zip download (thankyou_page, with HTML extension). However, even though I changed the page extension to php as the tutorial instructions said to do, my thank-you-for-submitting page that I created does not get sent to people who send me email and, instead, the original ABVFP thank-you-for-submitting page goes instead with the DB Technosystems large printed name and the instructions in large red letters at the top -- "Your Header Here!" -- and in large red letters at the side--"Your Menu Here!"

I did insert my header and my menu, saved it, changed the extension to php, and published it to my website (at least I think I did--I am very new to this). I checked by VodaHost CPanel (www.gordonpatzer.com) and I do see the page with the extension (thankyou.php) in my public_html file, but yet this personalized thank you page (after inserting the header and menu as instructed) does not get sent to people who submit an email message to me through my website (www.gordonpatzer.com) contact page.

As I stated above, I am new (very new) to this, so anything is possible in that I am apparently overlooking some critical steps.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and assistance.

gordon787

Comment

just be patient, naval or Andy or someone with forms knowledge will tell you your mistake. In my case I did not fill out the form correctly. Once fixed the form works great.
                  Mrmagoo144
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you, gordon787.

Comment

Hi,

Your form is setup correctly and sends the info to ABVFO. This sends out the email to the autoresponder correctly (i tested it so i know).

However, it is obvious that you have made some mistakes when setting up your form in the ABVFP control panel:

1. The error page URL is http://www.gordonpatzer.com/ABVFP/errorpage.php instead of the correct http://www.gordonpatzer.com/errorpage.php

2. The thank you page URL is also wrong. Should be http://www.gordonpatzer.com/thankyou.html

Edit them and you will be ok.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you page problem(s)--instead, HTTP 404 problem message.

Navaldesign -- Thank you. It helped, what you said, and I am close to completion and success but I am still not quite there yet concerning my website: www.gordonpatzer.com.

I think I might need to do some Blue FTP uploading, however, to be honest, I have no idea when an FTP upload needs to be done, or if "publishing" a page takes care of FTP uploading the page. Or, when I go to the VodaHost CPanel X, I think there might be problems in what I see under "file manager," specifically what I see and don't see concerning the thankyou.html and errorpage.php files under Public_HTML and Public_HTML/ABVFP???

In any event, here is my problem. First, I made the change you stated in your prior message about the ABVFP Administrator Login/Control Panel changes to my contact forms. Specifically, I removed the ABVFP from the URL address. And now my only problem seems to be the "thank you" acknowledgement message/page to people who email me through my website contact page.

Would you please give it a try and see what I have overlooked or messed-up on doing? When I try to send an email message through the email contact page, I do not get the intended thank you page-message, but instead I get the following message on my computer screen:

HTTP 404 Not Found

[IMG]res://ieframe.dll/info_48.png[/IMG] The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404
                        Most likely causes:
                        • <LI id=causeErrorInAddress>There might be a typing error in the address.
                        • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
                        What you can try:

[IMG]res://ieframe.dll/bullet.png[/IMG] Retype the address.

[IMG]res://ieframe.dll/bullet.png[/IMG] Go back to the previous page.

[IMG]res://ieframe.dll/bullet.png[/IMG] Go to and look for the information you want.

[IMG]res://ieframe.dll/down.png[/IMG] More information

Comment

The script works just fine, however, neither the thank you page or the errorpage can be found. I am 100&#37; sure that you have mistaken both URLS in the ABVFP control panel.

There is a small trick to avoid mistakes: copy from here the thank you page URL:

and paste it in your ABVFP . Then do the same for the error page:

And everything will be ok.
                          Navaldesign
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you page auto-sent to emailers.

Several items:

(1) Thank you to everyone on this Forum who has assisted me as I have now successfully set-up and published my website: www.gordonpatzer.com.

(2) Foremost, thank you to Naval / Navaldesign. His replies/help has been invaluable and appreciated accordingly.

(3) To Navaldesign--Your last reply below provided good advice but not pertinent to my situation. It is certainly good direction to literally copy a URL address rather than type it, this turned out not to be my problem, at least not my last problem. For your information, the solution came ultimately when as I was checking and re-checking and re-checking my ABVFP Control Panel based on your directions, I noticed a small fatal flaw on my part--I had everything correct on that page except in the line in the Control Panel labelled: "Uploader Folder:", I had typed "http//www...." and I had accidentally omitted the colon after http, so with that change (to http://wwww....) my "thank you reply page to emailers through my website" now works perfectly. Thank you immensely for your help.

(4) Now, sort-of a final clean-up question (especially as I begin to now finalize my second website address as an "add-on domain" to my VodaHost account)---When I go to my ABVFP Contact Panel, I see there are 8 different Contact Forms listed (all that I created accidentally as I was first learning). My two questions: (1) how do I know which one of the 8 in that ABVFP Contact Panel is the valid one and (2) how do I delete all the other seven contact forms listed there?

Thank you again for all your earlier help, which dealt with much more important questions to me than my #4 question immediately above.

gordon787

Comment

The correct form setup on your ABVFP control panel, is the one that has, as Formid, the same as your form.

In order to delete the others, you need to do the following (might seem a bit complicated, but it is really easy):

Connect to your account CP (not the ABVFP CP).
                              Depending on your server, you might have the new or the old interface for CP:

If it is the old, there is only one link for MySQL Databases. Click it. When the the page shows up, select, at the VERY BOTTOM of the page, the link to phpMyAdmin.

If it is the new interface, the link to phpMyAdmin already exists in your CP home page. Click it.

So now a new page with phpMyAdmin has shown up (whatever the case was, old or new CP).
                              Select, to the left, the database ABVFP. Then, under it, there should appear, depending on the attempts that you had done, one or more tables. Select the table ABVFP_forms.

Then on the right part, Select Browse.

The listings in the database, created by your attempts to set up your form, will appear. Select the listings that you want to delete (so, you must NOT select the one with the correct Formid, as well as the first one, which is the example form) and go under the table of the listings, you will see a drop down "With selected: " and various choices in the drop down, select "Delete". This will delete the selected listings. You may now close phpMyadmin.

About the missing " :" in your upload folder URL. This must not have been the only problem. You see, ABVFP is my own creation and i know the script by memory. That missing : could affect the script if one uploads a file, because, of course, in that case, the upload URL is needed. But, i had tried the script without uploading any file, and it worked perfectly sending the mails, but could not find either the thank you or the error page. So, those were also wrong. Of course, you went a bit further, corrected these issues, then you had another issue with the uploadfolder URL, and i'm really glad you found and solved it.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X