New site, ThePhotoPilot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site, ThePhotoPilot!

Hi everyone. I have been working on this site for quite a while...off and on. I have gotten a lot of help from everybody on this forum, so I thought it was finally time to show you what you helped me on!! : )

It's my first one and I would love to hear from all of you to see what you think.

Thanks again!!

www.thephotopilot.com

Re: New site, ThePhotoPilot!

Hey,

Down to earth, clean and simple. All though when I am looking for a photographer I like to know what camera's they use, their lens etc. possible to put that in somewhere? Important feature if you occasionaly get the smart shopper!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

nice work ... clean and simple ... nice photography ... but I would like to see more ... and read more about your passion ... I also notice you have not copyrighted all your photos ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Nice and simple. Change the url on your home page link though to read just http://www.thephotopilot.com/ and not http://www.thephotopilot.com/index.html.

If you want anyone to find you then you do need to put more text content on your site, especially and most importantly on your home page where you have no text content at all.

You need to remove your current keywords on your home page as keywords MUST also appear as text content on this page.

So if you have the word 'photographer' in your keywords then it MUST also be within any text content on that page too.

Also remove your current page titles as you currently have 'thephotopilot.com' there which means nothing to me OR the search engines. Your page title should be more like this:

'Aviation Photography - Ohio Landscape Photographer'

Or something similar.... Think what someone might type into the search engines that you would like to find you.

Someone who is looking for Aviation photography may well type this term into a search engine. If your page title matches then you stand a good chance of being seen.

Nice photography by the way.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all of your input. That is all really helpful info...just what I needed. Thanks again!!

Comment

Hey well done. Very easy to Navigate. I love the Inflight Snack!!! lol
            Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi Brandon, simple to understand. For me it’s a little bit spread over a large area. Could be tightened up a little.
              On the images I would avoid using the image handles to make the smaller, & reduce with software. IE: on this page http://www.thephotopilot.com/aboutme.html the balloons ropes on the image look crinkly, where as if you look at the full size image they are nice & straight. Important if you are selling.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Great to know!! I'll try to fix that photo on the balloon. Thank you all so much for the review. I really appreciate you all taking the time to do this for me and everyone else on this forum!

Comment

Just thought you'd want to know...I got that pic fixed! I'm glad you caught that!

By the way, is there anything that I can do to improve my rankings with the se's? I am really new to all of this. I read Bethers' post on se's and I think that I have done everything that I can, but you all are the experts. Any comments or ideas?

Comment

Hi, one of the big problems you will have is the SE,s haven’t got a lot to find because of the lack of text content on the pages, this applies also to the key words you have chosen. Any key words used, should be within the text of the page that visitors can read. It's not an easy one if you want to keep the the nice clean look.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks! I have been trying to add some text content to the site, so I'll see what happens with that. About the keywords...should I go back and delete the ones which don't appear on the page? Is it hurting anything that some keywords don't match the content on the page?

Comment

I think Beth has answered this one on a thread but can’t seem to find it. Lol. I don’t think it will harm you, but also won’t put you up the rankings if this makes sense. The SE’s are out to put there customers to the most relevant site with the search they type in. So if a visitor arrives on your home page after a search for “rhode island” they wont be that pleased on where they landed. That why the key words should be within the text of the page to give it more relevance to the pages content. The SE’s that still use key words will pick up on this.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks. I really appreciate the info. That answers my question!! I definitely don't want anyone displeased, so I will change my keywords as soon as I can. Thanks again.

Comment

Good attempt. However a few things to highlight.

1. Missing Headline. What is your Unique Selling Point/s? Maybe something like:

"Browse a large gallery of over (quantity) unique pictures, taken by a popular photographer with (no) of years experience..."

2. Your opt-in list is missing. This is important because you can later follow-up with new updates or collection of photos. Opt-in list helps you to maximise your efforts. Offer them a free report on say "10 tips to taking a good photo" etc when they sing-up. You can also offer them free newsletter. You can get a free autoresponder here.

3. Maybe can add an "FAQ" page?

4. Should add "Testimonials" page. This will create credibility.

5. Your "Copyright ______" is missing from the bottom of your website.

6. Worried of not enough content. This might affect your search engine ranking.

Just my two cents worth. Hope it helps.

Comment

Out of curiosity for all of you that have reviewed my site. I made a link to one of the products...an "8 x 10 yearly calender". Was it readily apparent there was a link to view the product or should I maybe change the color slightly?

I was trying to keep a fairly uniform look to the table and thought just underlining the product description would invite people to click on the link.

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X