Site Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Review

Hi, was wondering what kind of improvements my site could use. I'd like to be able to add a calender where people can rsvp for events... is that possible?
    would appreciate your critiques! This is my first site I've ever made, and it was a lot of fun. I hope to work on one for my husband!

www.friendsonthespectrum.com

Re: Site Review

I really love it ... love the colours, the feel and what you are trying to achieve ... a couple of thoughts for you ...

1. think about reducing the width of your pages by about 100 and centre them in the browser. Most websites are around 800 wide on average but yours looks great wider

2. your menu bars look different and are in a different spot on almost every page. also some are hard to read. we need to teach our visiyors how to navigate our sites so it is good to keep some elements consistent from page to page ... menu bars, headers and colours to mention a few. While I see the point to some of the changes in style on your pages I got so confused at one point I had to go back to your post to find your home page again.

keep up the good work
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

I see you have been busy ... it looks really good and you got what I meant .... keep up the good work ...

BTW .. if you want to centre your pages in the browser ... right click on a blank part of your page, select page properties, and check the centre in browser box ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Congratulations......Big Time!

ANYTHING you do in support of this special interest is "perfectly" welcomed.

I think to seek precision to a great degree on this site risks tainting its charm and endearing nature, but there might be a way to clean up and make crisper the text/fonts in your blob-buttons, you think?

I used to teach 2nd grade profound Special Ed....28 of my 33 students were Autistic. Of all things I have done, this truly was "my gift" and will always be of special interest to me all my remaining days....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I think your site reflects what you're doing. However, you need to do work to help people find it. You might want to read the ebook in my signature to understand a little more about SEO.

Good job building!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

How can I clean up the text fonts in the blob buttons? I have been trying to do that and it is driving me nuts. and... what is a SEO?

Comment

Hello

SEO is simply Search Engine Optimisation. It is how google,yahoo find your site. Bethers e-book explains how to optimise your site to help the Search engines crawl your site and develop your site to get a higher ranking in the search engines.
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi FOTS
                nice site, love the colours and the brightness.
                On the events page the "events Graphic" is sitting behind the "JAN" "FEB" etc.. ones and is cut off by the "NOV" graphic, you can move this to the front or resize to fit in with the page.
                Regards
                Mike
                Golfnut

Comment

Working...
                X