Computer keeps freezing - REG CURE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer keeps freezing - REG CURE???

Hi, for some unknown reason my computer is starting to freeze quite frequently. Does anybody know anything about " REG CURE" This is what came up on Google: Repair Computer Freezes Fix-PC-Errors.com Top Rated Computer Freezes Repair. Free Download. 100% Guaranteed".
    If anyone knows the product please tell me what you think or if there is something just as good, if not better.
    Thanks heaps, Leanne

Re: Computer keeps freezing - REG CURE???

First thing I would do - is clear out your cache - empty your temporary internet files and empty your cookies. See if that helps.

Check what memory your computer has and see if you are reaching the limits? If so - you need to go through and delete out anything unnecessary.

I wouldn't go downloading the other until you see if you can find why it's happening.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I dont know anything about that particular piece of software, but it looks to do the same as this

Its free and its what i use to clean registry and cookies etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Willows,

Try using CCleaner to fix your registry issues first as it is FREE before U buy a software like Reg Cure which may or may not solve your problem.

Remember what I taught U sometime ago about using your XP erecovery?

Try back dating your computer before the Freeze started.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
          Hi Willows,

Try using CCleaner to fix your registry issues first as it is FREE before U buy a software like Reg Cure which may or may not solve your problem.

Remember what I taught U sometime ago about using your XP erecovery?

Try back dating your computer before the Freeze started.
          My computer died couple of weeks ago, computer guy replaced the part (it was just the connection for turning computer on and off) and it has been since then. I was having other issues when he got it back up and running so I did the back date which fixed one problem as started having trouble getting into my inbox so that was fixed after the back date, but now this stupid problem with freezing. My husband says that he thinks it is the motherboard (whatever that is) and wants to get a new computer (men and their toys), but I am sure it does not have to be that drastic! I was hoping for a simple solution before actually having to upgrade computer. Have done the ccleaner already and that unfortunately has not fixed it.

Leanne :(

Comment

Leanne,

Unfortunately this could be a number of things and without sitting in front of your computer no one on this forum can actually tell you exactly whay your problem is. Yes the suggestions by Karen and everyone else ref cc cleaner is a first port of call and extremely wise, however you could have a trojan, virus, lack of memory, or simply too much dust inside your PC....

There are 1001 things you could check but without physically sitting in front of your Pc it's difficult to find your issues. You must be careful seeking online advice though as you could end up doing loads of things to your PC that don't need doing or that could even make it worse.

One suggestion I will give you is to download spybot search & destroy from download.com, it's free and is commonly known in the industry as one of the best trojan catchers around.

Otherwise, your best bet is to get someone to look at it for you.

I wish you all the best with it, there is not much that is more annoying than a slow or faulty PC... well maybe Marmite... but that's all.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
              Leanne,

Unfortunately this could be a number of things and without sitting in front of your computer no one on this forum can actually tell you exactly whay your problem is. Yes the suggestions by Karen and everyone else ref cc cleaner is a first port of call and extremely wise, however you could have a trojan, virus, lack of memory, or simply too much dust inside your PC....

There are 1001 things you could check but without physically sitting in front of your Pc it's difficult to find your issues. You must be careful seeking online advice though as you could end up doing loads of things to your PC that don't need doing or that could even make it worse.

One suggestion I will give you is to download spybot search & destroy from download.com, it's free and is commonly known in the industry as one of the best trojan catchers around.

Otherwise, your best bet is to get someone to look at it for you.

I wish you all the best with it, there is not much that is more annoying than a slow or faulty PC... well maybe Marmite... but that's all.
              Hi Marincky,

Thank you and I agree. We have spoken with someone who does computers today and he is going to have a look at it for us. He seems to think it has got something to do with RAMS from what we were saying. Thank you very much for your advise, much appreciated from all of you. I just figured that everyone seems to know everything about computers on here so thought I would ask for some of you to check your crystal balls :) lol. I am downloading the spybot as I speak, I will give anything a try:)
              Thanks again, you are all great.

Comment

You're welcome. Best of luck and hope you get everything fixed.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

A quick comment - if your problem has to to with Ram and memory - downloading another program will make it worse. As each download will take MORE memory.

I suggest you not download anything new until you check whether you have any memory available - have you looked? I hate to see you making the problem worse in the meantime.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well ... a full disk will cause computer issues, including lagging because theres no where to write temporary files etc, but ram will only be affected when actually running a program unless you run it resident, so downloading anything wont be an issue if theres space on the disk.

A full disk will need to be gone thru to delete redundant and unneccassry files, and then disk clean up and defragmenter ran. You will find these tools in Start, programs, accessories, system tools. If youve NEVER defragmented, might do it now!

If ram wasnt your issue before and it is now, several things can cause that as mentioned, from failing mother board, to running too many resident programs. And then again, it may be time to buy a new one.

If the defragmenting and removing files dont work, id take it to a pc shop personally. Just adding ram may not fix a thing if the motherboard is bad, or the disk is full or needs to be defragmented.

As Ramsey said.. we can sit here all day and guess.. LOL.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X