added fanstasio to my web site and when I published became my web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• added fanstasio to my web site and when I published became my web site

When I installed fantasio on my web site (before it was published) I just wanted it to become a link on my web site. After I published, it became my web site. What do i do now?

Re: added fanstasio to my web site and when I published became my web site

Hi Neighbor ... was this the forum that you were going to install?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, I just wanted to add a forum to my web site where folks could talk or post messages.

Comment

Okay, go back into where you installed the forum through fantastico and click on the phpbb forum area again and once inside you will see your installation ... uninstall it ...

Create yourself a new folder in your public_html area and name it forum or another name if you like ... then when you do your installation, install in this directory - forum or whatever you called the folder ... then to access your forum it will be www.nameofyourdomain.com/forum

You can then publish your website, first page as index and then all the remaining pages as their names.

I apologize, I really should have advised you of this last evening ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

That's ok, you have been a God send so far. Thanks for all your help. I will try that. I am not a rocket scientist on this stuff, so please bear with me. Also. after iI do the unistall. Do I need to publish again?

Comment

If you are meaning to republish your website, yes, you should need to republish the index page .. the rest should be fine ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well, I deleted fantasio, and I republished my web page, now all I get is an index showing up. I have not added fantasio yet. Also, when I do reinstall fantasion I am going to use b2evolution. Is there a better one?

Comment

is this index the page you created?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

the b2evolution is a blog, you can do a blog if you prefer, you had mentioned a forum - you can do either - if you choose the forum you should use the one entitled - phpbb Discussion Board

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I went back in (after reading some) and changed my home page to index. Now my home page will come up, but my other pages won't Going to read somemore, slowly but surley it getting there.

Comment

Just republish your other pages as well ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I got it up and running. If you want to see it it is at dcaneighborhoodwatch.org Is there a way I can put home on all my pages so you do not have to back arrow to get there?

Comment

great, I'll go have a look, but if you apply the same navigation to and from all of your pages this will accomplish this - make a perfect navigation bar and then you can add it to all of your pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Yes, apply your navigation menu on all pages, in the same place.
                            I like your template on your index page, I dislike the background color, lol (forgive me) .. it might be nice to carry the look of your index page throughout the rest of your pages, laying the information from each page on that template ... like I mentioned before make a perfect navigation bar with all links working and place it on a page, save this page as starter - close it - open it back up and lay content for each page on it, save as the new page name, then go back and reopen starter, apply next page info and so on ... you have a wide variety of choices for navigation bars, you might change those for a certain look too ... whatcha think?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I think I understand but I am not sure. What do you mean use my index page layout for the others? Can I just change the page properties to that of the index page or do I need to do something else. As for the menu bar, do I just set it up like the first one e.g. In page insert menu bar and on each item just put the pages that I am not working on? As for color, what color would you suggest, since I am color blind anyhow. lol. I value your opinion so feel free. This is just a start and I plan on adding more things
                              like (god help me) a forum, if I can ever figure it out. I was going to use b2whatever under fantasio, but only because that is the one they used in the example. I want to also add things like halloween banners that move and such, but right now it seems above my pay grade. To me, my web site is pretty boreing right now. Any help you offer will be deeply appreciated. I saw your web site and that is pretty exciting. Maybe one day i can figure all that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X