Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos

I've published a video to my website. It plays fine when I visit my site on my computer after I have published it to the site. But for some reason nobody else can view it. Some people get a box with a red x in it.
    It does the same thing whether it's Media player or quicktime. This is a very short 15 second video. Go in to the odds n' ends tab and then to the videos tab.

I asked once before in another thread but did't get any suggestions as to what I could do to correct the problem.

Thanks, Ptog.

www.thewindowphoto.com
    When in doubt, Whip it out

Re: Videos

It plays well here.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

i can see it too
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Ptog,

Plays fine for me too (opened automatically with Quiktime), it is really small though.

Comment

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
          Hi Ptog,

Plays fine for me too (opened automatically with Quiktime), it is really small though.
          Thanks all. I widened the box in the website builder but it won't get any bigger. How can I change that and make it large. Every Quicktime I've ever seen is real small.

Thanks again.

Comment

Good question! I looked at page source, it's beyond me, hopefully the video gods will answer you here soon!

Good luck,

Comment

Looks to me like you have embedded your video, that would be the reason for the size ... if you insert a qt video into your webpage via the qt icon and browse for the file on your computer and publish it, you can have your qt video any size you like

If those trying to view do not have quick time installed on their computers, they won't be seeing any video ... put a link to download quicktime on your site with qt videos, in fact I use quick time alternative, much smoother than quicktime. http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-14789.html

The best solution is to convert your .mov files into .wmv files ... everyone has windows media player and it opens much quicker than quick time so the video starts quicker ...

And I believe the firefox browser has some issues at times with videos ..

Hope any of this helps ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I had used windows media player the first time I uploaded the video and got the same result. That's why I went to Quicktime. I'll go back to media player. I like that better.

Thanks for all the help, Mike.

Comment

On your own computer, what do you view the video on? Not the one you published, but the hard copy on your computer? And what file format is it? And did you convert it from another format originally?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Mvi_314.avi That's in my Canon zoombrowser.

All letters are caps though. I can't get it to stay all caps in this reply.

Comment

Well I was kind of thinking out loud and was wondering if this is the output size then from your canon? Do u have other videos from another source that you could try on your page and see if that would be any different? Like I say, I am just thinking out loud ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

This vid was shot from a Canon A530 point and shoot camera. My other video cam is a ZR-90. I can try that tomarrow and see what happens.
                        Right now it's bed time. :o(

Ptog

Comment

what program did you make this movie with, final cut/mac. if so you have to choose the size before you make the movie. i make all my movies on a PC and choose Windows Media/high res. and i can make the picture any size i want with BV. i use pinnacle software to edit and make the movie. my friend only uses mac/final cut, so i have him burn a dvd for me and i upload the dvd into pinnacle and make the movie with windows media. works great for me. i don't loose any resolution, my friend continues to edit and produce using final cut (said to be a better quality editing software program, with which i agree) - the bottom line is i can have any size video playing on the internet and it loads quickly. have a look
                          www.videopostcards.info/weddings.html - was edited with final cut.
                          www.videopostcards.info - has all the videos some with final cut - others with pinnacle. See if you can tell the difference.
                          Mrmagoo144
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

PTOG:
                            The size is determined upon compression. When you import your video to a computer, it is usually compressed by predetermined preferences. Check in your software for uploading (capture). There should be a preferences option. If not, it should upload in full screen AVI. After editing you go to the Make Movie phase. There should be compression choices there.
                            My own experience, I Make Movie to full sceen AVI. Then use additional software to compress in size, shape and output choice (Quicktime..etc.)
                            When placing on a page, the Blue Voda tools are easy as pie.
                            If this info is useless in your scheme of things, let me know. We will get you compressed to the right size.
                            Check here for video size that I use: www.e-webvid.com/home.html

Comment

I actually didn't do any editing or anything else. I just put in the memory card and loaded it into Zoombrowser like it was a still photo. I then basically just uploaded it using the media player or quicktime button in BV.
                              I've changed it back to "Windows Media Player" and was able to size it just fine. As long as it can be played by a visitor, I'm ok with it. I'll worry about editing in near future.

Thanks, Ptog.

Comment

Working...
                              X