Best way to show video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to show video?

I know how to load videos but what is the best way to do it to ensure most if not everyone sees it as soon as they hit the page? I tend to load them using windows media, is this the best way? It's just that even though I hit the autostart button, sometimes they don't start up on their own.

Any advice?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Best way to show video?

This is what I have made for a client but it doesn't always load automatically and I hate the fact that the bar shows at the bottom... any advice? My client is out tonight so won't see the site for a few hours, would like to get it sorted before she gets home... any advice welcome

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

imo windows media is the best way, everyone tends to have this ... and as far as loading time, it will only load as fast as the users programs will open themself, slow loading machine, slow loading for the video to open ...
      unless of course you convert your video to flash ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Not familiar with flash... any advice?

Comment

I've not used this converter myself, but apparently it is FREE ... give it a try and if you are not successful with this .. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/non...tml#post157468

aliens converts videos to flash for a very cheap price ... his work is great ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
            I've not used this converter myself, but apparently it is FREE ... give it a try and if you are not successful with this .. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/non...tml#post157468

aliens converts videos to flash for a very cheap price ... his work is great ...

Thank you Lady, much appreiciated

Comment

Thank you Lady for passing me on to Aliens, and thank you to Aliens (Garry) for all his hard work and patience.

This is now the finished work:

Comment

yw Ramsey, great job Aliens, the show looks great, alot of nice photos there, I particularly liked the shot of them throwing their skimmers into the air and the confetti the same ... and I liked the music too.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It was the first video I ever made so quite proud of it. My partner found the music for it, I thought it was quite apt.

Comment

Working...
                  X