Link Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Assistant

I guess I'm in the correct forum section for this question.
    Has anyone used Link Assistant on a site they've built in Blue Voda?
    I'm trying to build a templet for my dinkydi.info site. It seems the html of Blue Voda isn't compartable with Link Assistant - the people at LA are still trying to get it to work - so any help would be appreciated.

I had been told that putting the LA templet in a html box on a Blue Voda page would work - but it doesn't seem to. Anyone had an success that way? Thanks.
    www.dinkdy.info
    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
    www.thegemlovers.com
    www.bigticketmoney.com

Re: Link Assistant

Vicki you would have to view the source code, and then copy between the body tags into an html box on BV. You dont want to duplicate the header and the meta tags. All of Beth's link pages are done in this manner.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I did that before. Maybe I should do it again & publish so you can see the results! I was given good instructions on exactly which hmtl code only to put in. In preview the whole thing looked a total mess; unless publishing does something different. Will check again tomorrow.
      www.dinkdy.info
      www.thegemlovers.com
      www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Yep - that's how I do them - Vicki - where are you getting the LA html? You should be taking it from the saved, generated link pages - and if you have trouble figuring out what to take - let me know.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Oops,
          I realised a little after I posted last night that I might be doing it different. The instructions I got from L.A. was to put generate the L.A. templet, then copy the code between the 2 body tags on their templet & copy & paste that into a html box. That doesn't work..........on review all sorts of html signals are visible. You're saying generate the templet, upload & publish it, then copy the needed code into a html box.
          Will give it a go, after I get this problem with my photos sorted out (+ finish geting the LA arttreasure problem right+ add didges etc to the store+add downloads to dinky + take new product photos......)
          While your here Bethers, when I swap the gemstore over, I can have it so all the links pages keep their same names can't I? I have over 200 links to the store now (it's the only store I worked on the links with) so keeping the links is quite a big deal to me.
          www.dinkdy.info
          www.thegemlovers.com
          www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

No - I'm saying to generate the links pages. These pages then save on your computer. You need to find the files on your computer - do a view source on the page (I use firefox to do this as the view source is cleaner than IE) - then copy and paste the necessary parts into the html box on your site.

What kind of page names do you have for your links pages on the gemstore? As long as they don't stay storesonline and you're keeping the same domain name - you can name them all the same.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

What I had been doing is generate the page in LA. Hitting preview in LA & then pasting the code from that minus the header & footer tag bits.
              www.dinkdy.info
              www.thegemlovers.com
              www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Vivki,
                Alas..I finally figured out I needed to register to post. PLEASE HELP!
                I am pretty decent at the page building..it all looks nice..but NOTHING works. I am a first time builder. The links don't and the drop down doesn't work. Thank you for your time...By the way.I have watched..rewatched paused and watched..paused and rewatched the tutorials. Please don't refer me there...thank you sooo much! Nancy

Comment

Hi Nancy,

Have you published any pages? Post an URL for us to look and see what problems we can see.

If, in fact, you have not published, links will not work until you do!

Let us know,

Comment

Well Macnancy at least you've had the luxury of watching the videos over & over again! Want to hear my hard luck story. After I had watched the basic ones once & a few twice. almost all the videos got stuck & I can't watch them.
                    I've managed to build 2 stores. I tried to add a Guest book to one; I couldn't never get the video to go all the way through, but did as I thought. It seem to be in cyperspace somewhere; but not on my store. I email BV, but was told it was a problem for the forum. I asked for some advice; but a few weeks later no-one has answered my question. Still trying the video unsuccessfully. I saw an ad for a free guestbook somewhere else, so put that on the site instead.
                    I am now about to re-build store no 3. As I have nearly 1,000 products I'm planning to use Soholauch. Do I need to tell you more? Tried the videos........still trying to get them to work!!!!
                    When I first had the problem we were still on dial-up so BV said perhaps that's the problem. We've been on broadband now for a couple of months & it has made no difference.
                    The BV system is reasonably simple & commonsense for quite a few things. One tip I've found helpful......when you do something new on the page & it works & its what you want - save it. Keep on going, then the first time you get to something that doesn't work or makes a mess of something close & don't save. After you publish, if you make a hash of a page don't re-publish until you get help to fix it. Just keep the old page up. You've had the courage to try & build a store yourself - good on you! You can get help, but it can be difficult when we're new for ones to understand our questions & us their answers. But we all learn & the more we understand the easier it gets. Build play pages & experiment with the different features. Most follow the same pattern. Also you can always publish a page just to see what it looks like on the web. If you don't put a link to that page on the store, no customers can find it & you can experiment to your heart content. Also means you can test things like links. I was quite worried about linking when I started building as my previous store was in a templet form that did the linking; but I've found it a dream... Also with links if they is a problem with them not working others can often see immediately what the problem is. If you write down exactly what you've named each page - you shouldn't have any serious problem.
                    Sometimes the 'experts' don't always appreciate how little beginners know. An aquaintance was showing me his pride & joy a few weeks ago - a small website he had just paid to have made. I made the comment, you haven't got a footer.......he asked me in all seriousness what a footer was. One piece of wise advice you'll find somewhere here on the forum is that 'the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.' Cheers.
                    Now back to my LA problem I still haven't got fixed.
                    www.dinkdy.info
                    www.thegemlovers.com
                    www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

I am still totally mystified as to what is going on with the Arttreasures link page. After using the settings Karen told me I finally got the page to upload. In the public_html of aboriginal art, there is a folder called Links. Clicking on the folder even reveals that the LA page is inside the folder. However, where in cyperspace (if anywhere) is it? Shouldn't the address be http://www.aboriginalarttreasures.com/Links/links.html ? That is what is was before; so why isn't it there now? If it is in my public_html why isn't it at it's address? All I've changed is the ftp settings in LA (& ofcourse previously I redirected aboriginalarttreasures.com to my BV site without any hitch.)
                      www.dinkdy.info
                      www.thegemlovers.com
                      www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Vicki

Id have to see the set up. Its impossible by what youve wrote in the last two books to figure it out. Is the ART the main domain, addon ? If its the addon then, it would be public_html/then the art/then links

In either case id have to login and see it to tell you what youve done or havent done. Id also guess at spelling, thats usually the error and the extensions.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Your dinky di link doesnt work either but heres what i found

so.. youve done something screwey in denmark.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

dinkydi.info is the main domain. I did question BV direct about the address of aborignalarttreasures; they told me to use the dinkydi one. The folder for the links page is in the public_domain/aboriginalarttreasures. (I haven't quite figured the Blue Voda system out yet; & it isn't always easy to get answers.) Now you're saying something about public_domain/arttreasures/Links......... where does that Go? On the LA address?

As for the above, I don't really understand it, but I did publish a page http://www.dinkydi.info/Links.html I've changed the name of it since, & I don't have a link from the store to it; Originally I published it because I thought I needed the html details from the header & footer to do the LA templet before I found out it couldn't be done that way. Perhaps that explains it. You're getting a bit out of my kin.
                            www.dinkdy.info
                            www.thegemlovers.com
                            www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

LOL.. well ok.. i reckon its kin out of whack totally.. Im talking about when you ftp your links via link assistant that you need to have created a folder with in that domain named links and then your links pages goes into it. So yes.. in LA your link should follow that format.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X