Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO create a password access only page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO create a password access only page?

Hi there

I’m trying to create a part of my website only for myself and my partner to acess. I need to create a password protected page; how can I make this?

If I would know the URL of the pages inside this folder, and would write it, would it be possible to access those or they would always require password?

Hope someone can give me a hand with this.

Regards;
    Jay
    www.kapitalworldwide.com
    Jay

Re: HOW TO create a password access only page?

You can use a password protected directory (created in cpanel)
    Any time you try to access a file inside of that directory you need to have logged in. (You login once and all the files in the directory become available, not a login for each file).

If you only want one file to be password protected I can help you from there, but I don't want to go through the trouble of posting instructions if that isn't what you want

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I created a file folder in my public_html, then went to Cpanel to password protect it, but the file folder I created was not there. The folders that show are the ones if I back up 1 step in my public_html. So I created another file folder, protected it, but now my question is how to I upload files to it if it is "behind" or "up" from public_html?

Comment

Is there any way that I could create one for my members without paying 4 anything?

Comment

Originally posted by goplanit View Post
          I created a file folder in my public_html, then went to Cpanel to password protect it, but the file folder I created was not there. The folders that show are the ones if I back up 1 step in my public_html. So I created another file folder, protected it, but now my question is how to I upload files to it if it is "behind" or "up" from public_html?
          If you are saying it is behind public_html. That is if the path closest to the root is "/", and public_html is located at "/public_html", and you created is located at "/somefolder" then it won't be accessible to your users, so uploading to it is irrelevant.

If you did make it in a location like "public_html/folder_name", then that is the path you publish to, or that you would upload to with a FTP.

Your website files have to be infront of public_html, if it is in the same directory public_html is located it can't be accessed with a browser

Originally posted by Adminjr View Post
          Is there any way that I could create one for my members without paying 4 anything?
          Yeah, you can go into cPanel and manually add your users in the password protected directory area.

The script I offer just allows you to make a page on your website that creates the account, so your users can do it instead of you having to do it for them.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X