New Site - Please review !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site - Please review !

Hi there, I have had the website up now for approximately 3 months. The purpose of the site is for information only. I have also noted in the Cpanel that most of the search hits are from Google and very little from Yahoo, any reason for that? I have submitted the site recently to the Yahoo site. I have also noted the site is often crawled by the Yahoo slurp, but still very few Yahoo visitors and even typing the name "Rec room" in the Yahoo search bar - no results on my site. Your ideas will be appreciated.
    Regards

Re: New Site - Please review !

Please post your url so we can look at your site and possibly help
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Sorry, the site is www.recroom.co.za
      Thanks larazovih

Comment

Liz, www.sebastopolparty.com looks wonderful to me. What software did you use for the animating slide show adn how did you up load that? I want to do something similar on my site which I am about to start building.

Thanks
        Mathias
        Thank You.
        Mathias Cho Awundaga
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Proverbs 27:17 As iron *****ens iron, so one man *****ens another.

Comment

Hi Foxy,

As to your ranking, from all I read it takes time, must be patient. You may want to revisit your keywords, they are supposed to be words that are found in the text of the page they belong to. On your index page, after Johannesburg, they get "off the subject", and this may hurt your ranking.

Best to enter a search in these forums for SEO, and give it another shot.

Also, your navigation disappears on your "directions" page, some may not look to the bottom.

Good luck,

Comment

Thanks for the advice, will update

Comment

Originally posted by mawundaga View Post
              Liz, www.sebastopolparty.com looks wonderful to me. What software did you use for the animating slide show adn how did you up load that? I want to do something similar on my site which I am about to start building.

Thanks
              Mathias
              Mathias, that slideshow is from http://www.picturetrails.com/
              It is free, and they have lots of types of slideshow types to choose from.
              You make your slideshow there, and they create the html for you to place in an html box on your site.
              Enjoy!
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com
              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
              X