2 Qs- members pg + comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Qs- members pg + comments

hiya, could someone please help me? i have 2 questions (they both kinda link together)

1. How do i create a login section for members, where they need a password and stuff?

and...

2. How do i create a section for members to leave comments and questions? I want something similar to these pages but just like a column down one side. and i dont really want a forum...
    For example - http://norxwax.deviantart.com/ scroll down close to the bottom and its on the right hand side.

If anyone knows of a suitable tutorial or can give me a good description of how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated! I'm new to this whole website thing so go easy on me please?

Thanks in advance
    www.sportsterriderssa.com

Re: 2 Qs- members pg + comments

Simply create a Password-Protected directory, and install a Guestbook......since the "area" is password protected, you will have more control over Spam and graffitti, so a Guestbook would suffice. You also have an abundance of templates to better present your guestbook, and can compliment your overall site appeal as well.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks heaps for replying so quickly!! but could you please tell me how to create a password-protected directory??
      Last edited by jessyh89; 10-29-2007, 11:12 AM. Reason: want to ask more

Comment

This should help!
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hey, im still a bit confused about the members thing. i only want to password protect one page in my site. i cant work out how this tutorial will let me do this? if you could give me a bit more detail that would be much appreciated :) i would like the members to be able to create their own account and log in. just like logging into these bv forums.
          thanks, jess

Comment

Create a Password Protected Directory (as detailed in the Tutorial above, in your Control Panel).

Create a page in Blue Voda (be sure you include the same navigation/menu on this page as with all other pages : you want visitors to be able to "leave" the protected area to get to other pages, right?).

Publish that page to the Password Protected Directory you created.

What is so difficult about that?

If you want auto-login (not really recommended), you will either need a specialty script, or the services of www.amember.com .... THAT particular funtion needs be sourced elsewhere.

* I really suggest you either install a simple blog like WordPress in that protected area to do allthe things you want as well as offer you administrative control and to protect against abuse, or a simple forum that you can organize easily and your visitors can download from, etc.....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X