Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar and date please

Hi guys!

I have read a previous thread regarding calendars and I have had a look at the link http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex7/ given there.

My question is this - it says to copy the code and then place a second bit of code into the body. Now, how do I do this is simple easy steps please?? Is it in an html box, java - what!? I can't find a body!! (OK I know it's hallowen - body snatchers maybe!! OHHHH ERRR!!!)

Also does anyone know where to get a simple date that automatically changes. All I want is to add for eg 'Monday 29 October 2007' to each page.

Thanks!

Re: Calendar and date please

Hi,
    1st part of the code into the head = From the menu View>Page HTML>select Between the head tag & paste this part of the code here.
    2nd part of the code into the body = Place a html box on the page & d/click on it. Now paste this part of the code in the pop up that will appear.

No! not the java box.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
      Thanks for your help but I cannot get this to work. This is what I have done:
      1) right click on my page ('events') where I want the calendar to appear; page html;

2) 'select all' on the dynamicdrive site; paste on my page html between head tag;

3) copy 2nd piece of code from dynamicdrive; place an html box on my page where I want it to appear; double click this and paste the 2nd code there.

4) saved the 3rd bit ('calendar.js') into my folder on my PC and then uploaded it to FTP Manager.

When I open up www.extremehype.co.uk/events.php I am told that 'calendar is undefined' - can you throw any light on this for me please?

Thanks

Comment

Did you publish the page?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi, there is a bit more involvement with this one & will involve a bit of js. The only thing i couldn't find was how the background is transparent. So i just placed a white shape behind it. lol I see you had it up & working? but it seems to have gone. Sample
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X