First attempt, any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt, any advice?

This is my first try. I'm wanting something simple and easy to get around. Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John Weeks
    www.johnweeksaudio.com

Re: First attempt, any advice?

Ho John,

Site looks good and sounds good. Personal taste, but I would change the serrif font to a sans serif font like Arial. It view better on a web page.

What about something more about your fees, etc.

Otherwise well done. Excellent job. The colour and contrast works well.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom!
      I made the changes you suggested and I think it looks better. I probably need a "rates" page but that will have to wait till I get more time.
      Thanks,
      John Weeks
      www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

Just checked your site out and what you wanted is what you got. It is a great looking site, colors, font and navigation are great.
        Good job.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Awesome. Nice and simple. One thing I noticed. On the Experiance page-
          John started in radio in 1969 working as a disc jockey. It was in the early 80's that John began in voice over work.
          John has voiced and produced local, regional and national commercials.
          You may have heard him as the voice of Sportsman Challenge which aired on ESPN for years.
          If you are in need of a voice that will communicate your message the way you hear it in your head, call or email John!
          Just need to put the "you" in there.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Andy

PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Choco and thanks for catching that mistake Andy. I appreciate the help!
            Thanks,
            John Weeks
            www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

Beautiful! You did a great job!

Comment

Hi John,
                Hi, off to a real good start. Can you do an English accent? Lol
                Always nice to see an web site with an unusual profession.
                Ditto with the page for prices or maybe some guidelines to prices.
                May also be worth having an order page in the style of a form where someone can pop down the text & emphasize certain words, then choose from some of your recording samples as to a style of how they would like it produced. This could then be available via a download after payment has been cleared.
                Ever thought of offering recordings like news bulletins/flashes with certain names mentioned in the recording by request. Could be a fun one to have in the car with a passengers or the drivers own name coming out over what would thought to be the radio.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

I liked your site. Personally, as a media producer, my recommendation would be for you to have a contact page, listing your location and phone contact info (or at least your location). I also think that a form would be a much better way for you to receive inquiries. I am just beginning my own site with voda host (only have page one partially complete) so I am not any kind of web design expert to give advice. But I personally don't use Outlook so if I was interested in contacting you for some voicework, it would be somewhat difficult for me. If you need any help creating a form for your site, the tutorials make it very clear, it's quite easy to do. You can check my own website in a few days to see how my form works, if you're curious.

Best of Luck!
                  sigpic
                  -Chris Vater

High I.Q. Media
                  www.ImpactQuality.com

Comment

Hi John,
                    I agree, the new fonts look much better now. Once again personal choice, but I would just add short instructions on the domo pages so that the visitor will know what to do. I know there are tooltips on the sound controls, but written text on your pages will draw more attention.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

Hey great site John, I could use your voice for voiceovers on You Tube. People don't understand my Aussie accent all the time.lol
                      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great advice and ideas!
                        I'll see what I can come up with.
                        Thanks again,
                        John
                        Thanks,
                        John Weeks
                        www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

Hey Guys,
                          I think I got the form working. I tested it with from my own computer, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I'll try it from my wife's laptop and see if it's working.
                          Thanks for all your help and if you guys need some voice stuff done, let me know. I'll be glad to do it in exchange for the help you've given me.
                          Thanks,
                          John Weeks
                          www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

Fantasic job, I'm really impressed

Shane

Comment

Great job! Keep up the good work.
                              www.filtrexsystems.com - Industrial and Municipal Filtration Systems! (My First Site)

Comment

Working...
                              X