Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howto activate ActiveX to receive HTML import

Hi there,
    When I import a HTML webtemplate with some flash in it it tells me the following: your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As result, the page may not display correctly.
    the heading of the the template does not display, but the rest of the body of the page displays correctly.

Need some advise how to change the settings
    Best regards
    Manchini
    curmall.com

Re: Howto activate ActiveX to receive HTML import

Originally posted by Manchini View Post
    Hi there,
    When I import a HTML webtemplate with some flash in it it tells me the following: your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As result, the page may not display correctly.
    the heading of the the template does not display, but the rest of the body of the page displays correctly.
    Need some advise how to change the settings
    Best regards
    Manchini
    curmall.com
    I personally believe that your "HTML page" you "imported" does not have Flash in it whatsoever, and that you are referring to a BV page being viewed in Preview.......if it had Flash, your would see the loading time, the effects themselves, or your browser would "hang" prompting your computer to upgrade to a newer version of FlashPlayer.......the ActiveX message is a default message produced by Preview, and there is nothing that needs to be "reset" as it will always present itself upon first use of the local directory that produces a Preview of a BV page.

Based on your previous posts in which you confuse both concepts and terms, what exactly are you trying to do? If you had reviewed some of the Tutorials rather than rely on trial-and-error, you would not need to create a thread asking for clarification or "help" each time ---- you would be able to troubleshoot, or even make a Forum Search to find answers to your questions (which have been asked numerous times before).

Right?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasilli, This time I cannot agree with your explanation. I have imported HTML templates from the same source without no problem atall. This one has just a small flash in the header where a line is flashing from left to right. And this page is not a BV page as you mention above, neither I was previewing the page I was simply folowing the TUTORIAL it worked perfect with the first two templates I imported this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        what exactly are you trying to do?
        OK, so your Template has a "Flash header" and is not completely Flash, right? Did you also transfer the Flash/.swf/sources files so they can be found (and "run")?

The ActiveX error message only presents in BV Preview, so some doubt remains as to what you are really trying to do, and when you see the message.

Again, you cannot import an HTML template into a BV page if it has Flash elements already built into it and expect it to presnet properly (without first removing the Flash from the coding itself)......you can import the HTML "page" as a background and install the Flash element onto the background, but you will be unable to import a template that was written with a Flash header, no matter how hard you try!

And since I am trying to assist you voluntarily and it is still you that seems to be having difficulty, it matters not if you agree or not.......the processes I am sharing are not given for interpretation, only understanding and duplication!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vassili, I really appreciate your dedicated assistance. I'm sorry if there was an misunderstanding in my interpretation. Thanks for your time and efforts to assist me.
          Kindest regards
          Manchini

Comment

hey, i'm trying to get music to run in the background or on the media player i have installed through active x. but it seems that only when i type my url in teh web browser, it will only play the music if detecing my ip address. i don't know how to regulate this problem. Could you be of some assistance?

Comment

Working...
            X