Need Video help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Video help

I'm trying to place a video on a webpage. What I want is for people to see the movie on their own player on their computer, not on the webpage. Right now it's embeded on the webpage and it's much too small when it plays. On some web pages, when you click on a movie, it opens up a Windows Media player on your computer and you can play it full screen or however you like. How do I do that?

I hope that all made sense....

Re: Need Video help

Try creating a simple "downlaod" link to your .wav file instead of "associating" it with a BV-video box to be view embedded......

1) FTP your titled .wav file up to your website as simply a WAV file (i.e. myvideo.wav)
    2) On your website page, either place a simple button or text element and then hyperlink it to the WAV file you uploaded: make a simple link such as "www yourdomain.com/thevideofile.wav" so when visitors click on it it acts like a download, prompting the utility associated with the type of file to open....

If the visitor has changed "viewer associations" away from Windows Media Player, a dialog box will present first, asking them to proceed or select a utility to view the file.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ModelT View Post
        Thank you!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I need a similar yet opposite issue resolved... I have a list of 10 videos that I would like when you click on the video title, you get the video play on a screen within the page. How do I do this?

Comment

help on same lines. However, I dont have a file to upload...instead a url link. How will that work...if i want the url to activate windows media player.

Comment

Hi CGPHOTOMOM and AGNEL.. you could upload your videos to your directory either within your control panel, file manager or you could use your blue ftp from inside the web builder. (need instructions, just ask or find in another thread)

Take note of the name of the video in it's entirety .. when you see your video upload into your account, this is the exact name that must be used to create the link to this video.

Example: If your video is called saturdayparade.wmv then the link to this video is http://www.yourdomain.com/saturdayparade.wmv

You can put the name of the video on your page and link the name with the link above .. example Saturday Parade

Applying the link to the page will allow the video to open when the link is clicked. (I would set the target to this link as _blank, this will prevent your website from closing when the video window is closed) ..

Agnel - you will just apply the link as the link you have now for the video.

Windows Media Player will be activated on the user's computer if that is their default player, or could be real player, etc.,

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X