My 1st Site: Check Out the Dawg!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Site: Check Out the Dawg!!

This is my first site...featuring the Ultimate Lap Dog...the Neapolitan Mastiff. Superior Guardian of family and estate, this dog truly is the most unique breed. Check him out.... Anyway, please give feedback on the site www.slayterdawg.com Thanks

Re: My 1st Site: Check Out the Dawg!!

Nice site can see allot of effort went into it just a quick point check your page titles they are all the same (slayterdawg.com).Keep up the good work.

Wayne.
    www.cyprussunproperty.com

Comment

Hi
      Great effort for your first site ,however i found your pedigrees a bit difficult to read ,maybe you could enlarge the print.Just a thought I have shown and bred dogs for 20 years and you mention to check on health issues ,you might like to think about adding a link to cover that, being a giant breed and sometimes known to have problems people would like to be able to easily check . (ie Hd etc)
      Two Cats
      www.magicpallete.com
      www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

Hey there,
        nice site you got there! My son in law has one and he is just that, "gentle giant" ;)
        Maybe just a idea, I found that your left menu bar and overall text is very low in the pages, maybe you could add a bit of extra space to the bottom of your pages so that it all comes up a bit higher and easier to view/read.

Keep up the good thing your doing!
        Karin.
        Strangers are possible Friends I haven't met Yet !.!.!

www.nativetreasures.co.uk

Comment

Hi 'Dawg',

Looks great ... I like the touch with the tear on your homepage.

Karin is right ... You should make some additional space on the bottom of each page.

Your home page is fine but the other pages have your menu bar being close to being 'chopped off'.

Lengthen the size of your page and then add a transparent box at the bottom ... that will fix it.

Good luck.

Cheers,
          Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc
          www.futuristicpromotions.com

Comment

Thanks All for your inputs,

I've tweaked all my pages, but now have gotten into something strange...
            I have tried to re-publish each page, and I get a time-out response from the publisher (I've never seen this before.) I re-installed bv, to no avail. Any thoughts...

Comment

I have had this on rare occasion. I usually put off until next day and all is well. Reason: either the server is unusually busy or they are doing some maintenance on them. Usually it is short lived.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Why's the dog crying? ..
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hey, drool is cool. Nice page, I agree with the previous comments. Great first page.

Shane.
                  www.huavco.com
                  Last edited by huavco; 11-06-2007, 02:33 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Huavco,
                    You've got it !!
                    The dog is not crying. Many of the giant breeds DROOL. DROOL is cool, (well maybe 99 degrees). The animated gif is not a tear but a drool drop.
                    I could perhaps make the drop hang there alittle longer, but not everyone (I thought) would like to see a string of drool hanging around. The timing between the wink and the drool is different and also can be factors if I choose to modify the current effects. What does everyone think?
                    www.slayterdawg.com

Also, after three days... I still can not re-publish (times out).

Comment

Nice page, lot of information.

-Clear your computer's cache, cookies and history. Then republish.
                      -Check your photo album links 11-12/13-14 do not open from every page.
                      -Take a look at your page titles, may wnat to change to something more specific i.e. Neapolitan Mastiff; N.M puppies; Breeding N...M...

Good luck
                      Bill
                      www.blueearthtea.com
                      www.ftaaconsulting.com
                      www.iaval.com
                      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey All,

I've tweaked my site some, based on your recommendations.
                        I've added on option botton which changes the "drool". Check it out and give me some feedback.

On the topic of being able to re-publish my pages, I still have the issue(after more than a week). It is obvious that my computer is at fault, since I moved my entire files to my work computer and re-published my site from there. I'm clueless on what's going on with my computer. I've uninstalled/reinstalled BV with no success. I tried to restore PC to earlier time to no avail. Any ideas?

Check out the dawg at www.slayterdawg.com and choose the "Drool".

Comment

Working...
                        X